WrestleConnect.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WrestleConnect.com

+11
RefChrist
p0etryinm0tion
Slayer
Stroke
dragondragon
SBR
Spudz
Indy
CapitalTTruth
GolfClubNinja
WWF Attitude
15 posters

Russo still working part time for TNA

WWF Attitude
    WWF Attitude

Russo still working part time for TNA Empty Russo still working part time for TNA

Post by WWF Attitude Tue Jul 15, 2014 6:47 pm

It all started on Twitter:

WrestlingNews.Co ‏@WrestlingNewsCo 5h
    @pyroballyhoo Comments on this? "Vince Russo's statements about not working for TNA proven to be false http://wrestlingnews.co/?p=11644 "

Vince Russo @pyroballyhoo 5h
    @WrestlingNewsCo #SWERVE---IT WORKED!!!

WOW---just amazing to see that anybody will print anything as TRUTH without checking into it. Nice to see the SWERVE still works!!!

Michael Foulds ‏@MichaelFoulds91 5h
    @pyroballyhoo @WrestlingNewsCo "accidentally" more like on purpose to work the sheets how could you not realise that? lol

@MichaelFoulds91 @WrestlingNewsCo Hey, Mike-you got it! So now we can put to bed--they will believe and print anything! THE SWERVE is alive

Mike Johnson ‏@MikePWInsider 5h
    Three things. 1 - I confirmed the email was legit. 2 - Russo didn't try to swerve anyone. 3 - @pyroballyhoo can come clean or I can go forward and do what I first chose not to do, publish the email that was sent to me. He's the one lying about the story. Swerve? He's not that creative. More like trying to spin things. The countdown begins Vince. It's all on you now.

Vince Russo @pyroballyhoo 4h
    @MikePWInsider Would you thank Dave for me for all the free promotion.If I knew it was going to be this easy-would have done long time ago!

Vince Russo @pyroballyhoo 1h
    I just issued a statement on http://pyroandballyhoo.com concerning my involvement with TNA Wrestling. I ask you to read it--and understand.

----------------------------------

Vince Russo wrote:STATEMENT CONCERNING MY INVOLVEMENT WITH TNA
    by Vince Russo / 07.15.2014

Recently, I accidentally sent an e-mail to a third-party that was not meant for their eyes. The e-mail concerned my current involvement with TNA Wrestling.

TNA rendered my services as a consultant to work with their announce team of Mike Tenay and Taz. The condition from their side was that I kept it confidential between the two parties. As their employee, it was up to me to honor their wishes, so that’s what I intended to do.

My integrity means everything to me, so I just hope you can understand and forgive.

Peace.

GolfClubNinja
    GolfClubNinja

Russo still working part time for TNA Empty Re: Russo still working part time for TNA

Post by GolfClubNinja Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:30 pm

man, he think's being involved with TNA will hurt him... oh wait, it's TNA.
    CapitalTTruth
    CapitalTTruth

Russo still working part time for TNA Empty Re: Russo still working part time for TNA

Post by CapitalTTruth Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:17 am

He is a grown man who ends his "sincere" apology letters with "peace". That alone should be reason enough for TNA to say, "ya know... maybe we don't really need him around.
    Indy
    Indy
    Admin

Post by Indy Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:09 pm

GolfClubNinja wrote:man, he think's being involved with TNA will hurt him... oh wait, it's TNA.

I was more under the impression that TNA thinks being involved with Russo would hurt them.
    WWF Attitude
    WWF Attitude

Post by WWF Attitude Wed Jul 16, 2014 12:13 pm

Indy wrote:
    GolfClubNinja wrote:man, he think's being involved with TNA will hurt him... oh wait, it's TNA.

I was more under the impression that TNA thinks being involved with Russo would hurt them.

yeah TNA more or less treated him like a mistress.
    CapitalTTruth
    CapitalTTruth

Post by CapitalTTruth Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:08 pm

TNA: Ok, Vince, we can keep doing this, but you have to keep your mouth shut. It is clear that we aren't marriage material. I am the play-thing of a rich spoiled woman in the guise of a wrestling promotion and you are the man who has literally produced some of the worst ideas in the history of wrestling. As good as we are on paper, it always ends in disaster.

Russo: I know I know... but I just can't help myself. I want you. I need you. You are bad in places most other companies don't even have places and just want to bury my face in all this terrible writing, cover myself in it.

TNA: I know... and you can, but we can't be an item. Look, I will meet you down at the Travelodge by the airport every Wednesday after work. I will bring that announce team you like. You can play with it all night. You have to keep this between us though. No flapping your gums or respectable wrestling people wont date me anymore.

Russo. I can do that. I can do that. I'll just e-mail you tomorrow about our next meeting. I can't wait to get my hands on that announce team.

TNA: Don't email me

Russo: Ok... I'll email you... see you later!

TNA: VINCE! DON'T EMA.... (Door Slam).... Fuck!
    Spudz
    Spudz

Post by Spudz Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:34 pm

Would be funny if Mutoh/Wrestle-1 decided to walk away from working with TNA cause of this, He only partnered with them cause they told him Russo wasn't working there.
    GolfClubNinja
    GolfClubNinja

Post by GolfClubNinja Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:03 am

CapitalTTruth wrote:TNA: Ok, Vince, we can keep doing this, but you have to keep your mouth shut. It is clear that we aren't marriage material. I am the play-thing of a rich spoiled woman in the guise of a wrestling promotion and you are the man who has literally produced some of the worst ideas in the history of wrestling. As good as we are on paper, it always ends in disaster.

Russo: I know I know... but I just can't help myself. I want you. I need you. You are bad in places most other companies don't even have places and just want to bury my face in all this terrible writing, cover myself in it.

TNA: I know... and you can, but we can't be an item. Look, I will meet you down at the Travelodge by the airport every Wednesday after work. I will bring that announce team you like. You can play with it all night. You have to keep this between us though. No flapping your gums or respectable wrestling people wont date me anymore.

Russo. I can do that. I can do that. I'll just e-mail you tomorrow about our next meeting. I can't wait to get my hands on that announce team.

TNA: Don't email me

Russo: Ok... I'll email you... see you later!

TNA: VINCE! DON'T EMA.... (Door Slam).... Fuck!

wait, she actually owns it?

also, this is pretty funny.
    SBR
    SBR

Post by SBR Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:31 pm

Russo still working part time for TNA W84k4k

dragondragon
    dragondragon

Post by dragondragon Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:59 pm

I mean, everyone could tell he was back, I just think he's still lying about the capacity he influences
    GolfClubNinja
    GolfClubNinja

Post by GolfClubNinja Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:28 pm

CapitolTtruth wrote:TNA: Ok, Vince, we can keep doing this, but you have to keep your mouth shut. It is clear that we aren't marriage material. I am the play-thing of a rich spoiled woman in the guise of a wrestling promotion and you are the man who has literally produced some of the worst ideas in the history of wrestling. As good as we are on paper, it always ends in disaster.

I still can;t stop laughing when i see this.
    Spudz
    Spudz

Post by Spudz Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:11 pm

I guess on a recent podcast, Meltzer mention that SpikeTV had no idea that Russo was involved with TNA...They don't/didn't want him working for TNA ..

So this could affect getting their new tv deal with them cause TNA kept Russo a secret.
    CapitalTTruth
    CapitalTTruth

Post by CapitalTTruth Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:07 pm

TNA can't even keep dirty little secrets. It can't get not-being-associated-with-creative-cancer right.
    Stroke
    Stroke

Post by Stroke Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:35 pm

Seems simple enough. Russo has that stink on him (however rightfully or not) and TNA should be smart enough to know that many (Muta, Spike) don't want to deal with it. So why risk it? Because TNA.
    Slayer
    Slayer

Post by Slayer Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:59 am

That really puts the whole Bully Ray wanting to put Dixie Carter through a table storyline in perspective. Russo loves having women get beat up by men.

Spoiler:
    p0etryinm0tion
    p0etryinm0tion

Post by p0etryinm0tion Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:02 pm

So is having Russo involved TNA's FU to Spike? Maybe TNA is tired of bending over backwards to Spike and Spike not really caring they seem more invested in Glory and Bellator.
    Spudz
    Spudz

Post by Spudz Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:51 pm

p0etryinm0tion wrote:So is having Russo involved TNA's FU to Spike?   Maybe TNA is tired of bending over backwards to Spike and Spike not really caring they seem more invested in Glory and Bellator.
    Have you just started watching TNA?? Who helped paid for Angle, Sting, Hogan??? Who gave them a tv deal .. who put them on prime time?  Who hardly makes money during Impact cause not many advertisers want pay for their product to get commericals shown during a wrestling show?  Who gave TNA millions of dollars in a tv deal a few years back and instead of better ratings, they were rewarded with lower and lower ratings instead?

TNA should be thankful for what Spike has done for them, for keeping them afloat the past 10 years.

Honestly TNA can't afford to lose their TV deal with Spike so Dixie should be bending over backwards or on her knees begging, not sticking a middle finger, holding a sign that says kill us while wearing a I <3 Vince Russo tshirt.
    RefChrist
    RefChrist

Post by RefChrist Tue Jul 22, 2014 3:38 pm

Have you watched TNA in the last year? The show is very UN-Russoesque. Who cares if he is playing a small role? I don't think he will EVER be completely separated from TNA. The have him corralled into such a small role that it shouldn't matter to anyone.
    p0etryinm0tion
    p0etryinm0tion

Post by p0etryinm0tion Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:00 pm

Spudz wrote:
    p0etryinm0tion wrote:So is having Russo involved TNA's FU to Spike?   Maybe TNA is tired of bending over backwards to Spike and Spike not really caring they seem more invested in Glory and Bellator.
    Have you just started watching TNA?? Who helped paid for Angle, Sting, Hogan??? Who gave them a tv deal .. who put them on prime time?  Who hardly makes money during Impact cause not many advertisers want pay for their product to get commericals shown during a wrestling show?  Who gave TNA millions of dollars in a tv deal a few years back and instead of better ratings, they were rewarded with lower and lower ratings instead?

TNA should be thankful for what Spike has done for them, for keeping them afloat the past 10 years.

Honestly TNA can't afford to lose their TV deal with Spike so Dixie should be bending over backwards or on her knees begging, not sticking a middle finger, holding a sign that says kill us while wearing a I <3 Vince Russo tshirt.

I am not knew to TNA by any means but TNA. Sure, Spike has paid for talent but seriously TNA has also had to change who they were as a company to appease to SpikeTV TNA even on FSN was all about the action and didn't lose their identity as much as they did on Spike. They moved to Spike and they pretty much became an embarrassment compared to before not that they didn't have their wrestlecrap like the Dupps. But Spike also forced TNA to hire MMA fighters which no one wants in TNA.
    Spudz
    Spudz

Post by Spudz Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:25 pm

p0etryinm0tion wrote:
    Spudz wrote:

I am not knew to TNA by any means but TNA.   Sure, Spike has paid for talent but seriously TNA has also had to change who they were as a company to appease to SpikeTV TNA even on FSN was all about the action and didn't lose their identity as much as they did on Spike.    They moved to Spike and they pretty much became an embarrassment compared to before not that they didn't have their wrestlecrap like the Dupps.   But Spike also forced TNA to hire MMA fighters which no one wants in TNA.  

So It al, well mostlyl Spike fault that TNA sucks more often than not??  What about Dixie??, What about Jeff?? They had Russo come back to write for them, who lost his magic in WCW after leaving WWF several years earlier.. instead of learning.. They choose to repeat many of WCW's mistakes... but hey, the blame on SpikeTV for most of that right?  Cause Dixie was just trying to appease the network.. Spending more money then they should have on people such as Fairplay,  Morasco, Pacman , J-WOW, and of course more recently Tito, Rampage, King Mo, etc all was Spike doing...Dixie had no choice to use and pay for all those people all these years..  

AJ, Daniels, Storm, Roode, etc weren't push as much as they should have been , epecially from 2005-2009 cause it was SpikeTV that said Jarrett, Sting, Christian, Angle, one of these guys always had to be fighting for the belt or main event on your ppv... Do not try to make any megastars out of own talent who weren't made in WWE or WCW!!  Dixie didn't want Hogoff there right? Spike force them on her....

Future Top star NJPW Okada was a joke in TNA cause of Spike.. Not cause Dixie didn't love her Russo. All those non stop stupid face and heel turns? All cause of SpikeTV.. Not the writers fault .. not Jeff or Dixie fault.

Dixie is not the one to blame that talent such as AJ, Daniels, Kaz, MCMGs, Kong, Doc, Young Bucks, Etc aren't still with the company it all SpikeTV's fault that Dixie lost so money trying to appease them that Mama Carter had to stop giving lil Dix extra allowance to spend.

Spike also must be the one to blame that Heyman (or anybody with a brain) isn't there running a kick ass show with talent like Brock, Claudio, Hero, Generico, Steen, Danielson mix in which those I had just mention that aren't in TNA any more plus the few that are still left like Roode, Aries, Storm.

Could go on and on...and it all cause of rotten SpikeTV.
    Spudz
    Spudz

Post by Spudz Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:35 pm

RefChrist wrote:Have you watched TNA in the last year? The show is very UN-Russoesque. Who cares if he is playing a small role? I don't think he will EVER be completely separated from TNA. The have him corralled into such a small role that it shouldn't matter to anyone.

lol, good one Christ... everyone and their mother switching sides in the last year.. not Russoesque? Will admit not everything has Russo finger prints on them. some of it just them watching WWE and say hey let do that too.
    CapitalTTruth
    CapitalTTruth

Post by CapitalTTruth Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:15 pm

Russo is so toxic that it doesn't even matter if the show is "Russo-esque". If he is poking around a lot of wrestling people will be turned off.

TNA is and has been bad. Spike owes them nothing. They are a company that hemorrhages money like Flair putting on the crimson mask. I wish them the best... honestly, but I can hardly watch the show. They aren't in any position to be thumbing their nose at anyone.
    Stroke
    Stroke

Post by Stroke Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:24 am

I'm not an anti-Russo guy (not a fan of him, but also don't think he's the be all, end all of terribleness) but what does it say about you when (reportedly) other wrestling companies and television networks are angry the man is associated with you? And yet you still seek his advice.
    dragondragon
    dragondragon

Post by dragondragon Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:44 am

He's not the only problem, but having such a polarizing name involved with your company (and he's not Gabe or Heyman who have a rabid following) is not a good thing.
    p0etryinm0tion
    p0etryinm0tion

Post by p0etryinm0tion Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:50 pm

Spudz wrote:
    p0etryinm0tion wrote:
    Spudz wrote:

I am not knew to TNA by any means but TNA.   Sure, Spike has paid for talent but seriously TNA has also had to change who they were as a company to appease to SpikeTV TNA even on FSN was all about the action and didn't lose their identity as much as they did on Spike.    They moved to Spike and they pretty much became an embarrassment compared to before not that they didn't have their wrestlecrap like the Dupps.   But Spike also forced TNA to hire MMA fighters which no one wants in TNA.  

So It al, well mostlyl Spike fault that TNA sucks more often than not??  What about Dixie??, What about Jeff?? They had Russo come back to write for them, who lost his magic in WCW after leaving WWF several years earlier.. instead of learning.. They choose to repeat many of WCW's mistakes... but hey, the blame on SpikeTV for most of that right?  Cause Dixie was just trying to appease the network.. Spending more money then they should have on people such as Fairplay,  Morasco, Pacman , J-WOW, and of course more recently Tito, Rampage, King Mo, etc all was Spike doing...Dixie had no choice to use and pay for all those people all these years..  

AJ, Daniels, Storm, Roode, etc weren't push as much as they should have been , epecially from 2005-2009 cause it was SpikeTV that said Jarrett, Sting, Christian, Angle, one of these guys always had to be fighting for the belt or main event on your ppv... Do not try to make any megastars out of own talent who weren't made in WWE or WCW!!  Dixie didn't want Hogoff there right? Spike force them on her....  

Future Top star NJPW Okada was a joke in TNA cause of Spike.. Not cause Dixie didn't love her Russo.  All those non stop stupid face and heel turns? All cause of SpikeTV.. Not the writers fault .. not Jeff or Dixie fault.

Dixie is not the one to blame that talent such as AJ, Daniels, Kaz, MCMGs, Kong, Doc, Young Bucks, Etc aren't still with the company it all SpikeTV's fault that Dixie lost so money trying to appease them that Mama Carter had to stop giving lil Dix extra allowance to spend.

Spike also must be the one to blame that Heyman (or anybody with a brain) isn't there running a kick ass show with talent like Brock, Claudio, Hero, Generico, Steen, Danielson mix in which those I had just mention that aren't in TNA any more plus the few that are still left like Roode, Aries, Storm.

Could go on and on...and it all cause of rotten SpikeTV.

TNA wasn't in the shape it is now when it was on Weeklies or even FSN and they had all the same elements plus were bringing in indie talent on a consistent basis and even had the open door policy for the X-Division. All of that stopped when it got on Spike TV and ratings have pretty much stayed the same even with Spike trying to change what TNA was and that's an alternative.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 11:06 am