WrestleConnect.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WrestleConnect.com

+7
SBR
Spudz
Swarles
Grant
CapitalTTruth
WWF Attitude
Joe5150
11 posters

David Benoit set for in-ring debut

Joe5150
    Joe5150

David Benoit set for in-ring debut Empty David Benoit set for in-ring debut

Post by Joe5150 Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:00 pm

David Benoit will team with Chavo Guerrero at the Hart Legacy Wrestling event on July 18 in Calgary, Alberta at the Max Bell Centre. David is the oldest son of the late Chris Benoit. For more details on the promotion, visit Hartlegacywrestling.com.

---

Yeah, I still don't see WWE or even TNA ever going near him.
    WWF Attitude
    WWF Attitude

David Benoit set for in-ring debut Empty Re: David Benoit set for in-ring debut

Post by WWF Attitude Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:07 pm

I'll gladly watch him wrestle, he is his own man.
    CapitalTTruth
    CapitalTTruth

Post by CapitalTTruth Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:10 pm

Yeah, he has a huge up hill battle ahead of him. It is a shame that he will have to wrestle in those shadows.
    Grant
    Grant

Post by Grant Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:12 pm

WWF Attitude wrote:I'll gladly watch him wrestle, he is his own man.

Agreed.

The guy has the name to overcome, but maybe he wants to prove that he's not what Chris will ultimately be remembered for. If he's good enough, he won't be passed up by anyone with a brain.
    Joe5150
    Joe5150

Post by Joe5150 Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:41 pm

I wish the kid the best and hope that he will be given chances, despite his last names.

Here's a pic of him backstage at a RAW taping mot too long ago:

David Benoit set for in-ring debut Y2j-benoit
    Swarles
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:47 pm

He can always change his name to David McGillicutty.
    Spudz
    Spudz

Post by Spudz Wed Apr 30, 2014 6:59 pm

Here a interview he did about a month or two ago..

I really don't see him going far just from hearing him speak
    SBR
    SBR

Post by SBR Thu May 01, 2014 12:25 am

To be fair Seth Rollins was a horrible promo before going to WWE.
    CapitalTTruth
    CapitalTTruth

Post by CapitalTTruth Thu May 01, 2014 11:56 am

I'll suspend judgements about his career prospects based on that interview, but that was painful to watch.
    Spudz
    Spudz

Post by Spudz Thu May 01, 2014 4:57 pm

SBR wrote:To be fair Seth Rollins was a horrible promo before going to WWE.
    I meant more about his attitude and mind set than his speaking skills. Going on about how his father should be in WWE HOF, won't do him any favors.
    SBR
    SBR

Post by SBR Thu May 01, 2014 6:54 pm

Spudz wrote:
    I meant more about his attitude and mind set than his speaking skills. Going on about how his father should be in WWE HOF, won't do him any favors.

I'm gonna put it out there that I didn't watch the video. Just saying people can get better.
    WWF Attitude
    WWF Attitude

Post by WWF Attitude Thu May 01, 2014 7:26 pm

Spudz wrote:

I'll cut him some slack on the subject considering the eldest son of Chris Benoit might have some bias.

Also he called Brock over Taker, dude knows his shit Razz
    Xero
    Xero

Post by Xero Thu May 01, 2014 7:51 pm

Spudz wrote:Here a interview he did about a month or two ago..

I really don't see him going far just from hearing him speak

His father murdered David's half brother, and he's upset because he didn't get his father's last paycheck?
    WhoBetta
    WhoBetta

Post by WhoBetta Thu May 01, 2014 8:18 pm

J-Double5150 wrote:Yeah, I see TNA going near him.

Fixed for accuracy.
    SBR
    SBR

Post by SBR Thu May 01, 2014 8:34 pm

Is he in the GFW database?
    WWF Attitude
    WWF Attitude

Post by WWF Attitude Thu May 01, 2014 8:42 pm

WhoBetta wrote:
    J-Double5150 wrote:Yeah, I see TNA going near him.

Fixed for accuracy.

Considering he just shit on TNA and WWE in this interview, I don't see either one picking him up. Even if he's not wrong with most of the things he said, it wasn't very political.
    kingofswing
    kingofswing

Post by kingofswing Fri May 02, 2014 1:33 am

TNA may bring him in for some really bad taste stuff. He will NEVER work in the WWE. EVER. I'd bet $4000 on it. (its all i can bet)
    Spudz
    Spudz

Post by Spudz Thu May 08, 2014 1:52 pm

We noted before that David Benoit was scheduled to make his pro wrestling debut at a Hart Legacy event in July. The news was announced on Twitter by Smith Hart, Bret Hart's older brother. It turns out David has never formally trained to wrestle and Smith was trying to convince him to do the show thinking it would help draw ticket sales and drum up a lot of attention.

After word got out about David teaming with Chavo Guerrero on the show, Chris Jericho, who is close to David, contacted the Hart Legacy promotion and wasn't happy at all. Jericho was furious at the promotion for advertising David for a match because he hadn't been trained yet. Jericho was reportedly very mad and tried to get the match stopped. This led to Chavo Guerrero canceling his booking for the event.

Smith Hart reportedly told Chavo that David had some in-ring experience and would be fine for their match. Smith then reportedly told Jericho that they were never planning on having David wrestle and that he would just be doing some kind of angle. Smith reportedly told David that that he still wanted him in a match and tried to convince him that he could get through it without training. It's now said David's booking for the event may have been canceled altogether.

We noted before that David spent at least some time at Lance Storm's school in Canada. David actually enrolled in several training camps but never showed up on the first day and wasn't trained. David reportedly asked Triple H and William Regal about being a wrestler years ago and they told him to finish high school first and recommended Storm's school because it was near him.

Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter
    TeeBeeKay
    TeeBeeKay

Post by TeeBeeKay Thu May 08, 2014 5:43 pm

A Hart attempted to deceive some people?? Color me shocked
    CapitalTTruth
    CapitalTTruth

Post by CapitalTTruth Thu May 08, 2014 8:21 pm

Well that sounds like a big ol mess.

I guess we can all suspend our guesses about his future until he gets at least trained.
    WWF Attitude
    WWF Attitude

Post by WWF Attitude Fri May 09, 2014 12:48 pm

A very carny move by Smith Hart.

If this report is 100% accurate then Jericho really is looking after David. Hopefully David realizes how rare it is to have someone like Jericho helping him out and he can make good on it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:00 pm