WrestleConnect.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WrestleConnect.com

3 posters

UFC Fight Night: Gustafsson vs. Manuwa

Slayer
    Slayer

UFC Fight Night: Gustafsson vs. Manuwa Empty UFC Fight Night: Gustafsson vs. Manuwa

Post by Slayer Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:07 pm

UFC Fight Night: Gustafsson vs. Manuwa UFC_Fight_Night_37_Gustafsson_vs_Manuwa_Poster

UFC Fight Night: Gustafsson vs. Manuwa
    Saturday, March 8, 2014
    From the O2 Arena in London, England
    Live on UFC Fight Pass at 3 PM ET / 12 PM PT

Main Event: (5 Rounds)

Light Heavyweight Bout: Alexander Gustafsson (#1) vs. Jimi Manuwa (#11)

Main Card Bouts:

Lightweight Bout: Michael Johnson (#14) vs. Melvin Guillard

Flyweight Bout: Brad Pickett vs. Neil Seery

Welterweight Bout: Gunnar Nelson vs. Omari Akhmedov

Preliminary Bouts: (Live on UFC Fight Pass at 12:30 PM ET / 9:30 AM PT)

Light Heavyweight Bout: Cyrille Diabate vs. Ilir Latifi

Middleweight Bout: Luke Barnatt vs. Mats Nilsson

Middleweight Bout: Brad Scott vs. Claudio Henrique da Silva

Bantamweight Bout: Davey Grant vs. Roland Delorme

Welterweight Bout: Igor Araujo vs. Danny Mitchell

Flyweight Bout: Phil Harris vs. Louis Gaudinot (#11)
    CapitalTTruth
    CapitalTTruth

UFC Fight Night: Gustafsson vs. Manuwa Empty Re: UFC Fight Night: Gustafsson vs. Manuwa

Post by CapitalTTruth Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:12 pm

I wont be watching this because I haven't got the UFC fight pass and don't plan to anytime soon, but this one is sort of compelling. Gustafsson is one of the more interesting fighters right now because of his win ov.... I mean close defeat at the hands of Jones. Johnson vs Guillard should be fun too.
    Slayer
    Slayer

UFC Fight Night: Gustafsson vs. Manuwa Empty Re: UFC Fight Night: Gustafsson vs. Manuwa

Post by Slayer Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:24 pm

UFC Fight Pass does a 7-day free trial. If you want to do that and then cancel before they charge you, then I would start the cancellation process 3 or 4 days before the trial is over, as the cancellation process requires you to email a customer service rep.

Absolutely insane that Gustafsson is on a Fight Pass card though after that incredible fight with Jones. This should have been a FOX Sports 1 card, or at least the co-main event of UFC 171. This fight with Manuwa is a proving ground scenario. If Gustafsson wins, he maintains his number 1 contender status, but if Manuwa pulls off the upset he becomes an instant contender.

Johnson vs. Guillard is a very good fight. Johnson is doing really well right now, but just like Melvin, he can be quite inconsistent.

Pickett can become a very marketable contender at Flyweight with a couple of impressive wins.
    Nintendomark

Post by Nintendomark Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:32 pm

Gus did want he needed to do and Dana has said he gets the rematch with Jones, if Jones beats Glover.
    CapitalTTruth
    CapitalTTruth

Post by CapitalTTruth Mon Mar 10, 2014 3:58 pm

This worked out about as well as it could for the UFC. Gus delivers and gets the world talking about him after the fight, and in turn talking about the pass. I am not opposed to the fight pass. I am just disenchanted with the UFC right now. I will be getting 171 though because that card looks pretty great and the main event should deliver some fireworks. It will be a good "have the whole crew over for drinks" card.

I also love that Jones is talking about Gus fighting DC. I don't really think he is scared, but I don't think he gets his own public image as well as he thinks he does. personally I think between Glover, Gus, and DC... Jones won't be champion this time next year. That is just my guess though.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 7:33 am