WrestleConnect.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WrestleConnect.com

3 posters

UFC Fight Night: Kim vs. Hathaway

Slayer
    Slayer

UFC Fight Night: Kim vs. Hathaway Empty UFC Fight Night: Kim vs. Hathaway

Post by Slayer Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:03 am

UFC Fight Night: Kim vs. Hathaway Capture-20140226-131930

UFC Fight Night: Kim vs. Hathaway
    Saturday, March 1, 2014
    From the CotaiArena at the Venetian Macao in Macau, China
    Live on UFC Fight Pass at 8 AM ET / 5 AM PT

Main Event: (5 Rounds)

Welterweight Bout: Dong Hyun Kim (#11) vs. John Hathaway

Main Card Bouts:

TUF China Welterweight Final: Wang Sai vs. Zhang Lipeng

Heavyweight Bout: Matt Mitrione vs. Shawn Jordan

Featherweight Bout: Hatsu Hioki vs. Ivan Menjivar

Preliminary Bouts: (Live on UFC Fight Pass at 5:45 AM ET / 2:45 AM PT)

Lightweight Bout: Kazuki Tokudome vs. Yui Chul Nam

Bantamweight Bout: Nam Phan vs. Vaughan Lee

Welterweight Bout: Albert Cheng vs. Anying Wang

Featherweight Bout: Jumabieke Tuerxun vs. Mark Eddiva
    Nintendomark

UFC Fight Night: Kim vs. Hathaway Empty Re: UFC Fight Night: Kim vs. Hathaway

Post by Nintendomark Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:24 pm

Swarles
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles Sun Mar 02, 2014 4:40 pm

I get why this card was on fight pass, it was basically for the chinese market and was on at 6 AM or whatever.

But whyyyy are they putting Gustaffson on fight pass? He's the #2 LHW in the world. If he wins this fight he will probably be headlining a PPV. Would you not want a bunch of people to see him (presumably) win this fight?
    Nintendomark

Post by Nintendomark Sun Mar 02, 2014 5:46 pm

Swarles wrote:I get why this card was on fight pass, it was basically for the chinese market and was on at 6 AM or whatever.

But whyyyy are they putting Gustaffson on fight pass? He's the #2 LHW in the world. If he wins this fight he will probably be headlining a PPV. Would you not want a bunch of people to see him (presumably) win this fight?

I think the UFC are using it as a way to entice people to sign up for Fight Pass, if they really want people to commit to the service they have to have some legitimate stars on there. Plus with the card being in Sweden, they can air it during the normal time there.

As a fan though, I wish it was on FS1 or something.
    Slayer
    Slayer

Post by Slayer Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:09 pm

This card was actually pretty fun. I got suckered into watching it as I wasn't able to cancel Fight Pass in time. I wanted to do it after seeing that the 2-month free trial period was rather disappointing. However, since you have to email in order to cancel, I didn't get a response until today, but they started charging on Saturday.

I'll keep it for the month, as I do want to see the Gustafsson vs. Manuwa card and am intrigued by the upcoming TUF Brazil with Chael Sonnen and Wanderlei Silva. But I'll cancel if the service is as lousy and incomplete as it has been, incomplete library and no Xbox 360 app despite both being advertised in time for the full service launch.

As for the fights, Stun Gun Kim is becoming one of the most exciting fighters at 170. He had a much more aggressive approach in this fight, and capped it off with that amazing spinning elbow finish of Hathaway. He's gotta be ranked in the top 10 now.

Matt Mitrione also had a brutal KO win over Shawn Jordan.

Hatsu Hioki kept his UFC run alive with an entertaining and impressive victory over Ivan Menjivar.

Didn't care for the fights involving TUF China fighters (apparently one of the finals got delayed due to injury), as the skill level from those fighters is atrocious.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 09, 2024 5:50 pm