WrestleConnect.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WrestleConnect.com

+11
Indy
WWF Attitude
TeeBeeKay
Slayer
RFSKannon
Joe5150
Swarles
dragondragon
The PhenomenalBullyOne
CapitalTTruth
SBR
15 posters

Confirmed and Potential Matches for WWE WrestleMania XXX

SBR
    SBR

Confirmed and Potential Matches for WWE WrestleMania XXX Empty Confirmed and Potential Matches for WWE WrestleMania XXX

Post by SBR Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:46 pm

Confirmed and Potential Matches for WWE WrestleMania XXX 20140318_MatchPreview_LIGHT_HP_BatistaOrtonMystery
    WWE WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP, TRIPLE THREAT MATCH:
    Randy Orton (c) vs. Batista vs. TBD

Confirmed and Potential Matches for WWE WrestleMania XXX 20140224_MatchPreview_LIGHT_HP
    Undertaker vs. Brock Lesnar

Confirmed and Potential Matches for WWE WrestleMania XXX 20140306_MatchPreview_LIGHT_HP_BryanHHH
    Daniel Bryan vs. Triple H
    The winner will be entered into the WWE World Heavyweight Title match

Confirmed and Potential Matches for WWE WrestleMania XXX 20140221_MatchPreview_CenaBray_LIGHT_HP
    John Cena vs. Bray Wyatt

Confirmed and Potential Matches for WWE WrestleMania XXX 20140331_AndreCup_Match_LIGHT_HP
    ANDRE THE GIANT MEMORIAL 30 MAN BATTLE ROYAL:
    Participants: Big E, Fandango, Dolph Ziggler, Alberto Del Rio, Damien Sandow, Titus O'Neil, Christian, Sheamus, Big Show, Mark Henry, Heath Slater, Jinder Mahal, Drew McIntyre, Cody Rhodes, Goldust, Kofi Kingston, The Miz, Brodus Clay, Darren Young, Justin Gabriel, Rey Mysterio, R-Truth, Santino Marella, The Great Khali, Zack Ryder, Sin Cara, Brad Maddox

Confirmed and Potential Matches for WWE WrestleMania XXX 20140314_MatchPreview_LIGHT_HP
    The Shield (Seth Rollins, Roman Regins & Dean Ambrose) vs. Kane & The New Age Outlaws (Road Dogg & Billy Gunn)

Confirmed and Potential Matches for WWE WrestleMania XXX 20140324_Diva_MatchPreview_LIGHT_HP
    WWE DIVA'S CHAMPIONSHIP VICKIE GUERRERO INVITATIONAL:
    AJ Lee (c) vs. Naomi vs. Cameron vs. Emma vs. Brie Bella vs. Nikki Bella vs. Aksana vs. Eva Marie vs. Tamina vs. Rosa Mendes vs. Summer Rae vs. Natalya vs. Alicia Fox vs. Layla

Preshow

Confirmed and Potential Matches for WWE WrestleMania XXX 20140331_Fatal4Way_PreShow_LIGHT_HP
    WWE TAG TEAM CHAMPIONSHIP, FATAL FOUR WAY:
    The Uso's (Jimmy & Jey) (c) vs. The Real Americans (Jack Swagger & Cesaro) vs. Ryback & Curtis Axel vs. Los Matadores (Diego & Fernando)

Last edited by SBR on Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:00 pm; edited 15 times in total
    CapitalTTruth
    CapitalTTruth

Confirmed and Potential Matches for WWE WrestleMania XXX Empty Re: Confirmed and Potential Matches for WWE WrestleMania XXX

Post by CapitalTTruth Tue Feb 25, 2014 3:21 pm

I see the WWE trying to do some damage control and change the frame of that match. I still hope there is a riot if the main event isn't changed in some way shape or form. If Dragon isn't champ at the end of the night, I am going to attempt to lead said riot.
    SBR
    SBR

Confirmed and Potential Matches for WWE WrestleMania XXX Empty Re: Confirmed and Potential Matches for WWE WrestleMania XXX

Post by SBR Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:32 am

Updated card
    The PhenomenalBullyOne

Post by The PhenomenalBullyOne Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:17 am

I think that WWE realized that how bad the main event looked that when everyone is going to turn it off. Face it no one wants Orton as champ and no one differently wants Batistia as champ. So throwing him into the main even with a win will really help out with things.
    CapitalTTruth
    CapitalTTruth

Post by CapitalTTruth Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:41 am

My excitement about mania just increased 10 fold. Even though I kind of thought this is what they were doing for a couple weeks, to see it laid out makes me feel so much better. I just hope they go for it, give the fans what they want and make the moment at the end.
    dragondragon
    dragondragon

Post by dragondragon Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:20 am

HHH wins the match against Bryan and then puts himself over for the title, wouldn't be that surprised
    CapitalTTruth
    CapitalTTruth

Post by CapitalTTruth Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:56 am

That would be the ultimate heel move for the "HHH appropriates everything the internet says about him into his own heel persona" line they have going.
    Swarles
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:06 pm

dragondragon wrote:HHH wins the match against Bryan and then puts himself over for the title, wouldn't be that surprised

I would be willing to bet that DB beats HHH.
    Joe5150
    Joe5150

Post by Joe5150 Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:42 pm

Updated match-up graphic for Lesnar/Taker has been released:

Confirmed and Potential Matches for WWE WrestleMania XXX 10013340_814784605204943_1263572486_n
    CapitalTTruth
    CapitalTTruth

Post by CapitalTTruth Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:28 pm

1) If they didn't AT LEAST get Dragon into the main event, and mostly likely give him the title to end the show, the WWE will have demonstrated a legit lack of "give a fuck" about timing, fans walking home happy from the biggest show of the year, and Dragon's character.

2) That picture actually made me laugh out loud.
    CapitalTTruth
    CapitalTTruth

Post by CapitalTTruth Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:47 pm

When are they going to get a new belt? I know they just got the new WWE belt, but the unification seems like a good reason to scrap it. It is better than the spinner belt, but not by much.
    RFSKannon
    RFSKannon

Post by RFSKannon Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:01 pm

CapitalTTruth wrote:When are they going to get a new belt? I know they just got the new WWE belt, but the unification seems like a good reason to scrap it. It is better than the spinner belt, but not by much.  

I have seen this asked a lot on different forums, personally I have always liked the having a champ carry two belts.  But that's just me..  As for getting a new belt, when they unified the WWF and WCW titles, Jericho went his full run with both belts before babyface Triple H beat him, the next night on Raw, Hunter was given the new Undisputed belt.  Wouldn't shock me if they did that this time around.  Another thing, backstage a lot of people (fans too) don't want the current version of Big Gold to go away, but Vince doesn't want the WWE title to be the casualty either.
    dragondragon
    dragondragon

Post by dragondragon Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:24 pm

Keep them both for awhile, go back to something winged eagle-y this black whatever looks really cheap.
    CapitalTTruth
    CapitalTTruth

Post by CapitalTTruth Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:21 pm

I am not TOTALLY against two belts. Two belts always allows for the opportunity to do something else other than unification. I think I would like it better if the WWE logo wasn't so GIANT. I think it kind of aesthetically points out the history that has made the WWE the real crown jewel for so long. It is really nit-picky but that is why i hate this new belt. The logo is gigantic and not photogenic, particularly beside a belt that has maintained the same traditional look that lets people associate it with the WORLD, rather than the company. I am not sure that makes sense to anyone else, but its irritating to me. I don't think they can change just one of the belts though. I would be completely cool with them bringing back the old unified belt. I really liked that one.

I did bring it up here A) because I saw the picture and it annoyed me and b) because I wonder if they will do it after Mania, particularly if there is a new champion.
    SBR
    SBR

Post by SBR Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:42 am

I think Orton carry's the belts around okay but for someone like Bryan that might look a little weird.
    Joe5150
    Joe5150

Post by Joe5150 Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:55 pm

SBR wrote:I think Orton carry's the belts around okay but for someone like Bryan that might look a little weird.

On the Indies, Bryan was a double champ at one point, he had one around his waist and another on his shoulder.
    CapitalTTruth
    CapitalTTruth

Post by CapitalTTruth Mon Mar 17, 2014 2:26 pm

Just look at my avatar... does it look like he has any trouble carrying two belts around?
    CapitalTTruth
    CapitalTTruth

Post by CapitalTTruth Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:21 pm

I swear to christ, the WWE is trying to give me a heart attack. I am either going to be over the moon after mania or I am going to be so mad I will threaten - but not follow through - on not watching wwe for the rest of the year. There is no way the WWE would be dumb enough to put HHH in the main event over Dragon, right? RIGHT? Someone hide his shovel!!!!
    Slayer
    Slayer

Post by Slayer Wed Mar 19, 2014 12:02 am

I really don't believe that the WWE would be dumb enough to have Triple H walk out of WrestleMania as champion. I think they are playing off of his reputation to actually put some drama into his match with Bryan.

If anything, I think that HHH vs. Bryan could end in a no-contest and then the title match becomes a Fatal 4-Way instead.

Also, going back to the two titles thing real quick, I think they need to go with one title when a face becomes champion. The reason is that holding multiple belts comes off as more of a heel move.
    TeeBeeKay
    TeeBeeKay

Post by TeeBeeKay Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:24 pm

Anyone else really confused by the Lesnar/Taker build?

I get that the build probably doesn't really matter, but the fact remains nobody believes Taker's going to lose, so wouldn't it make more sense to try and build Brock up leading up to the match? Instead Brock's pretty much looked like Taker's bitch the entire time

I thought the first angle with the pen and chokeslam was fine, but you needed to heat Lesnar up after that, I would have Lesnar no sell all this casket/druid stuff, and build up the fact that Taker can't get into his head, and Brock's this unstoppable force where Taker doesn't have the mind games advantage

Instead Taker has both the physical and mental advantage heading into a match he's surely going to win, just makes no sense
    Swarles
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:50 pm

They could literally be using reverse psychology(making taker look strong knowing that the fans are well aware of their tendency to have the guy who has been built strong lose).
    WWF Attitude
    WWF Attitude

Post by WWF Attitude Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:16 pm

I was trying to figure out why WWE would induct Scott Hall as Razor Ramon.

First I thought it was because they plan on also inducting Scott Hall as part of the NWO (much like Flair being inducted again with the Horsemen).

But maybe Scott Hall isn't being inducted at all!

Enter Rick Bognar

Confirmed and Potential Matches for WWE WrestleMania XXX FakeRazor
    The PhenomenalBullyOne

Post by The PhenomenalBullyOne Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:48 pm

I have a feeling that when Bryan wins after the three make their entrance HHH will come out and do two things. One make it a fatal four way. Or make himself the special guest ref in the main event.
    CapitalTTruth
    CapitalTTruth

Post by CapitalTTruth Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:22 pm

Ugh... this is the most sloppily booked Mania ever maybe.  I think they are doing brilliant work on the main story and pretty solid to good work on Cena/Wyatt. Everything else is thrown together. At times, (rumble and divas match) they aren't even trying to hide that they just throwing people together.  

They better bring the pay off at the end.

Last edited by CapitalTTruth on Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
    SBR
    SBR

Post by SBR Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:24 pm

I wish this was the card for WM29 which is the one I attended last year. Overall I had a great time but really the ONLY match that I wanted to see going into the show was Taker/Punk. And as I would have guessed was the best match on the show.

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 1:58 pm