WrestleConnect.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WrestleConnect.com

+2
StylesClash
Joe5150
6 posters

Sting has signed a deal with WWE

Joe5150
    Joe5150

Sting has signed a deal with WWE Empty Sting has signed a deal with WWE

Post by Joe5150 Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:01 pm

Anthony DiMoro of SportsRants.com reports that WWE and Sting have reached an agreement. DiMoro wrote the following:

"I have heard it from a good source that Sting and WWE have actually agreed to a deal, including a WWE Hall of Fame induction. The Hall of Fame induction may not come in 2014, but possible 2015 as WWE may want to feature Sting and get the fanbase familiar with him on WWE Television over the next year so that his induction is even more special. I anticipate a career DVD will also be in the mix later this year as well as a heavy presence of Sting on WWE Network."

Sting's most recent deal with TNA Wrestling has reportedly expired.
    StylesClash
    StylesClash

Sting has signed a deal with WWE Empty Re: Sting has signed a deal with WWE

Post by StylesClash Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:35 pm

Not surprised at all. I imagine his in-ring debut will probably be at Wrestlemania and he'll wrestle sparingly over the next year before finally going into the HOF. I just wonder how much of a reaction he gets for "debuting" at 54 and being in the upper scene for the next couple months at least after "not wrestling anywhere since 2001."

SBR
    SBR

Post by SBR Mon Jan 27, 2014 7:34 pm

THE Anthony DiMoro.
    JustSkiff
    JustSkiff

Post by JustSkiff Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:28 pm

I heard a smart idea would be to have him debut the night after WM when Taker's in the ring to talk about how the streak lives, and then the lights go out and Stings in the rafters or whatever and points the WM sign. This allows them to build to the money match for a year.
    CapitalTTruth
    CapitalTTruth

Post by CapitalTTruth Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:28 am

That would only work if they both took the entire year to prep for the match too. Christ, I am not excited about the in ring action for that one this year. I can't imagine it being much better next.
    SBR
    SBR

Post by SBR Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:01 pm

Note from the 2/3 Observer:

WWE is working on concepts for Sting T-shirts pushing the theme of calling him “A Man Called Sting,” since WCW trademarked the phrase and they own the intellectual property rights to it. A memo came in last week to merchandise to work on ideas. The memo was just sent out within the last week and there are reports he inked his deal but what we heard on 1/27 is that they were very close. Another person noted that internally, the idea of Sting coming in was not talked about much of late as a high priority issue. There have been talks several years. I think the closest was 2001, after WCW folded. Vince McMahon green lighted negotiations which were started by Paul Heyman and conducted by Jim Ross. It was very short at that time. Sting wanted the same schedule as Undertaker and Vince immediately nixed the deal by saying there would be no exceptions on the schedule except Undertaker. It was described from a priority standpoint as far as internal talk as compared to deals to get Hogan, Lesnar, Batista or Dwayne Johnson, but I would expect they could do a good build-up, garner a great reaction but they’d have to be very judicious in what they do. If he was to debut at Mania, with Undertaker in a main event spot and Hogan as a guest, and matches with current guys, there’s only so much it can be focused on so it may not be the perfect timing, but with the clock ticking, it may be the only time. You could debut him at Extreme Rules, but just by doing it there, it becomes a secondary thing and he’ll be 56 by next year’s Mania.
    The PhenomenalBullyOne

Post by The PhenomenalBullyOne Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:07 am

man he comes in and CM Punk a match I wouldnt of mind seeing at some point if they booked it Stinger VS Punk. I've also heard the deal he signed is a Legends deal no a wrestling deal
    CapitalTTruth
    CapitalTTruth

Post by CapitalTTruth Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:57 am

The PhenomenalBullyOne wrote:man he comes in and CM Punk a match I wouldnt of mind seeing at some point if they booked it Stinger VS Punk. I've also heard the deal he signed is a Legends deal no a wrestling deal

I honestly hope you are right. Wasn't one of the problems before that Sting wasn't wild about just putting over big names and he didn't even really have much interest in wrestling guys like Punk or Dragon? I think I have said it before, sting is one of my all time favorites, but I am really more interested in the WWE being able to produce and distribute a Sting DVD and that is a bout it. I don't have much faith in him getting back into the shape I would expect for one last great run.

That said, like most people, I will mark out if he is on WWE TV
    Joe5150
    Joe5150

Post by Joe5150 Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:27 pm

- As of last weekend, Sting had not officially signed a deal with WWE. Word is that his contract is still being worked on and that the deal is nearly finished. As previously reported, the merchandising part of his deal is already being worked on.

Sting is still not expected to be a part of WrestleMania 30, and will likely be held out of in ring competition until WrestleMania 31. The idea is that WWE will use his "in ring WWE debut" as a selling point of the event.

Credit: The Wrestling Observer

----

Holding his in-ring debut off for a year is stupid, considering his age and I don't think it will make a difference in WrestleMania sales. I would have him work SummerSlam, making his in-ring debut the big selling point for that show, then have hime only wrestle like once or twice before WM 31.
    The PhenomenalBullyOne

Post by The PhenomenalBullyOne Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:11 pm

J-Double5150 wrote:- As of last weekend, Sting had not officially signed a deal with WWE. Word is that his contract is still being worked on and that the deal is nearly finished. As previously reported, the merchandising part of his deal is already being worked on.

Sting is still not expected to be a part of WrestleMania 30, and will likely be held out of in ring competition until WrestleMania 31. The idea is that WWE will use his "in ring WWE debut" as a selling point of the event.

Credit: The Wrestling Observer

----

Holding his in-ring debut off for a year is stupid, considering his age and I don't think it will make a difference in WrestleMania sales. I would have him work SummerSlam, making his in-ring debut the big selling point for that show, then have hime only wrestle like once or twice before WM 31.

If Punk was pissed off enough to leave the E after Batstia came in and won the rumble I wounder how many more will leave once and if Sting comes in WWE and does the same thing.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 17, 2024 4:25 am