WrestleConnect.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WrestleConnect.com

+2
Swarles
Joe5150
6 posters

WWE 2K14 Thread - What's going on in your game?

Joe5150
    Joe5150

WWE 2K14 Thread - What's going on in your game?  Empty WWE 2K14 Thread - What's going on in your game?

Post by Joe5150 Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:54 pm

I got 5 brands, how about you? I did have RAW, Smackdown, TNA Impact, & WCW/nWo for my first year in Universe, but I didn't have enough good talent to want to play the shows.So, I got rid of WCW and replaced Smackdown with Main Event, becasue I like it better.than the SD! arena.

Anyway's, with all the DLC out and me going crazy downloading close to 70 CAWs, I'm back to 5 brands.

However, my brands are themed. Monday's is WWE RAW(WWE Title/US) & Friday's is Main Event(World Title/IC). The WWE brands are basically what you see on WWE TV today, with my own obviously pushing of certain talent. WWE Brands share the WWE Tag & Diva's Title.

Tuesday's is NXT. This brand is to push younger talent and use legends to put them over. For example, I have nWo Macho Man feuding with new NXT Champ Kofi Kingston to give Kofi more momentum, thus cemeting him as a mian eventer in my game no matter what bran he's on.

Thursday Night TNA Impact Wrestling. Basically it what TNA was/is.. Created the TNA World Title & have the Light Heavyweight belt & one of the old World Tag Belts(The stupid Created title glitch kept freezing the game, so I replaced with the in-game Titles, so I had to stop using my X-division belt & TNA World Tag belt). It's a mix of current TNA vets, young talent, & legends, something that TNA has pretty much been since their inception. NXT & TNA share PPV's

Saturday's is a fantasy brand I made, AWA: Ring of Honor. Similar to the old NWA: TNA/NWA: WCW/NWA: ECW, but this is different. This in smaller arenas, the focus is on traditional wrestling, Japanses wrestling, and old-school territory wrestling storylines. Bruno is thw AWA World Champion, the Million $ Title is the minor belt with the theme being that old-school 80's theme of whoever is Champ is making tons of money. Then the World Tag team titles with legit strong Tag Teams. Some real teams, some made up. Right now MVP & Mark Henrey won a gold Rush tourny to become the first World Tag Champs. They are now feuding with a new Tag Team of 2 legends, Ricky Steamboat & Ultimo Dragon, together their team name is "Double Dragons". AWA-ROH has 6 PPV's a year. 3 real life ROH shows and 3 fictional AWA shows, one example is "AWA Presents: Cash 4 Gold", it's a Money in the Bank themed show with the Million $ Title being the main belt defended that night.

So far, my universe has slowed down a ton because of so much I have to do each week in it, however, I made a system where each brand is unique and it's more fun to play. I'm on year 4 or 5 now. I plan on filling up all 100 CAW slots, thinking I need more Women Wrestler's for my Diva's & Women's Divisions, pluus some mor e legends & Japanese wrestlers.

If guys know any good CAWs for 360 on CC, post them.
    Swarles
    Swarles
    Admin

WWE 2K14 Thread - What's going on in your game?  Empty Re: WWE 2K14 Thread - What's going on in your game?

Post by Swarles Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:20 pm

i cut it back down to just raw and smackdown, stuff gets wonky with all those extra brands (imo)

Raw champ is Daniel Bryan, he is feuding with CM punk. Bryan cashed in MITB on punk
    US champ is Fandango, he is feuding with Kassius Ohno
    Tag champs are the briscoe brothers, they are feuding with the shield

Batista/Scott Steiner is my top feud on smackdown, which inspired me to change the arena to the old hist arena
    Low Ki and Rocky romero have been feuding for like 3 months for no reason
    Adam Cole just started feuding with Karl Anderson, again for whatever reason.

Takeshi Morishima just beat brock in a feud and he'll feud with whoever wins the punk/bryan feud.
    CapitalTTruth
    CapitalTTruth

WWE 2K14 Thread - What's going on in your game?  Empty Re: WWE 2K14 Thread - What's going on in your game?

Post by CapitalTTruth Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:51 pm

In my brain Eddie Guerrero, The Dynamite Kid, and Bryan Danielson are about to have a triple threat match at wrestlemania for the world title and The Brisco.... alas... I don't have this game yet so nothing is happening.

(sad face)
    RFSKannon
    RFSKannon

Post by RFSKannon Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:42 pm

Jesus, Joe.  5 brands?  I am having trouble keeping track of the three I am running. lol,  Anyway...

Raw:

WWE champ: CM Punk

US Champ: Dolph Ziggler

Tag Champs: Kofi Kingstong and Justin Gabriel (Get this, only ONE tag title change since I started playing and that was last week when Kofi and Gabriel won the titles)

Divas: AJ Lee (Divas title bounces back and forth between AJ and Kaitlyn, with Aksana and Layla getting the odd reign here and there)

Feuds:

Punk is feuding with Ryback (one week left), but at during their most recent match Daniel Brayn ran out and attacked them both.

Universe booked feud: Ric Flair vs Brodus.  This was so ridiculous I let it go

Dolph is feuding with Gabriel and pretty much dominating there.

Smackdown:

World champ: Cody Rhodes (Won the title in a night of a thousand title matches..  The World title was literally defended three times on Summer Slam: Del Rio upset Hollywood Hogan to retain, Cody cashed in Money in the Bank to win the title, then ended up booked in the main even to defend against Randy Orton.)

IC Champ: Christian

Divas: Same as Raw

Tag: Same as Raw

Feuds:

Cody vs Randy Orton

Christian vs Sheamus

Sandow vs Edge

WWE Main Event: (retro brand)

Retro Champ: Yokozuna

Retro IC: Razor Ramon

Retro Tag: Brothers of Destruction

Feuds:

Mega Powers vs Brothers of Destruction

Ultimate Warrior vs Curt Hennig

Jake the Snake vs Rick Rude

Last edited by RFSKannon on Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:33 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Added missing Smackdown rivalry)
    CapitalTTruth
    CapitalTTruth

Post by CapitalTTruth Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:57 pm

OK... Let me use this thread to sort some things out about this game. I am REALLY thinking of buying it soon (like this week) as a gift for myself. I have a few questions. I know this may be tedious but I would appreciate help. I asked my buddy but all he keeps telling me is that he created some sweet Stings and the game is fun. I generally find the descriptions by the manufacturers really unhelpful and general reviews on line are hit or miss. Any help would be appreciated.

How does the gameplay relate to say Smackdown vs Raw (whatever the last one was)? Is it smooth? For some reason the graphics make it look choppier to me but you never know till you play.

What are some of the cooler features? What is the deal with this 30 years of mania mode? Fun?

How are the created wrestlers. I can't be bothered to create my own so I am going to DL ones others made. Is there a good selection of indy, japanese, and legends wrestlers made on the web?

What is this storyline thing? Are you playing? Do you have control over these? Does the computer generate fueds based on where you position people in rosters? Can you make people feud or does the game kind of push a random algorithm at you? Is this just the basic mode of the game to keep narratives constantly moving, a la real life wrestling?

I buy wrestling games that let me do two things. 1) Play as my favorite wrestlers in fairly fun story modes and win championships. 2) Play promoter with customized rosters that give me more or less complete control over feuds and angles that I can play when I want or put on autopilot when I want. However, I am not a huge gamer. I play inconsistently and gaming isn't nearly as intuitive for me as it used to be. So I need probably a relatively simple format and game play. Is this game for me? Is it worth selling my old smackdown vs raw game for a few bucks and replacing it with this?

Swarles
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles Sat Jan 25, 2014 1:34 pm

CapitalTTruth wrote:OK... Let me use this thread to sort some things out about this game. I am REALLY thinking of buying it soon (like this week) as a gift for myself.  I have a few questions. I know this may be tedious but I would appreciate help. I asked my buddy but all he keeps telling me is that he created some sweet Stings and the game is fun.  I generally find the descriptions by the manufacturers really unhelpful and general reviews on line are hit or miss. Any help would be appreciated.

How does the gameplay relate to say Smackdown vs Raw (whatever the last one was)? Is it smooth? For some reason the graphics make it look choppier to me but you never know till you play.

-The gameplay is exactly the same as WWE 12 and 13. If you played those, you've pretty much played this. If the last game you played was a Smackdown vs. Raw, they slowed things down and tried to make it more realistic, but it is still pretty clunky.

What are some of the cooler features? What is the deal with this 30 years of mania mode? Fun?

-Universe and creation modes are the draws, really. Universe is kind of like a season mode but you play everything, and the CPU just makes up the matches and feuds (you can manually edit them as well). If you really try at it you can actually make it kind of interesting, or you can let the CPU book crazy things like a feud between John Cena and Sin Cara or something and just roll with it. You can also edit it with custom brands, arenas etc. So with all the legends in this year a lot of people have been doing WCW and/or retro WWF brands.

30 years of mania was OK. If you didn't play last year's attitude era mode you will probably like it more than I did.

How are the created wrestlers. I can't be bothered to create my own so I am going to DL ones others made. Is there a good selection of indy, japanese, and legends wrestlers made on the web?

-Tons of great CAWs to download. Ive added the briscoes, prince devitt, karl anderson, takeshi morishima, sami zayn and michael elgin just to name a few. And when I had my retro brand i added guys like IRS, Tatanka and Owen Hart. Almost anyone you can think of will be up for download on community creations.

What is this storyline thing? Are you playing? Do you have control over these? Does the computer generate fueds based on where you position people in rosters? Can you make people feud or does the game kind of push a random algorithm at you? Is this just the basic mode of the game to keep narratives constantly moving, a la real life wrestling?

-I pretty much answered this already, but yea there is some kind of wacky algorithm, but you can delete feuds or just make your own.

I buy wrestling games that let me do two things. 1) Play as my favorite wrestlers in fairly fun story modes and win championships. 2) Play promoter with customized rosters that give me more or less complete control over feuds and angles that I can play when I want or put on autopilot when I want. However, I am not a huge gamer. I play inconsistently and gaming isn't nearly as intuitive for me as it used to be. So I need probably a relatively simple format and game play.  Is this game for me? Is it worth selling my old smackdown vs raw game for a few bucks and replacing it with this?

-I wouldn't sell smackdown vs raw mainly because you'll get like $1 for it. If anything you might just want to pick up WWE '13 used for a few bucks if you don't plan to play a lot. It has almost all the same fetures of this years game, and the servers are still up for you to download things.

RFSKannon
    RFSKannon

Post by RFSKannon Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:21 pm

One other thing, if you want a roster (non caw) of people who came from the attitude era (Bossman, Shamrock, Road Dogg, Bully Gunn, etc..), then 13 would be your best bet Or, if instead you'd be more inclined to go for the old school roster (Hogan, Macho Man, Andre, Yokozuna, etc) then 14 would be the one I'd recommend. You'd be best off not bothering with WWE 12 at all. That was just... Yeah.
    CapitalTTruth
    CapitalTTruth

Post by CapitalTTruth Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:56 pm

First, thanks everyone for the feedback.

It sounds to me like the Universe mode is kind of like what they did in smackdown vs Raw 2011 (the one I have) with more attention to fueds.  Is that accurate? The computer would generate strange matches at random from my roster but I would almost always change them. The computer would pick up on the feuds I was pushing like half the time.

I like the roster on 2K14 pretty well. It looks solid for my liking. The thing is, I usually get a wrestling game and keep it for like 4 years so i am tempted by this one. The thing is, I will play it A LOT for a while and i will probably go through like 3-4 waves of playing it A LOT.

How hard is it to unlock stuff? Can you buy your way out of the work if you get frustrated.

Last edited by CapitalTTruth on Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:57 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Needed to thank people... duh)
    Swarles
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:59 pm

everything in 13 and 14 can get unlocked automatically with the season pass.
    Indy
    Indy
    Admin

Post by Indy Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:03 pm

I sure hope they bring back Story mode next year.
    Xero
    Xero

Post by Xero Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:33 am

WWE 2K14 Thread - What's going on in your game?  VCL3lpM
    Xero
    Xero

Post by Xero Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:36 am

CapitalTTruth wrote:First, thanks everyone for the feedback.

It sounds to me like the Universe mode is kind of like what they did in smackdown vs Raw 2011 (the one I have) with more attention to fueds.  Is that accurate? The computer would generate strange matches at random from my roster but I would almost always change them. The computer would pick up on the feuds I was pushing like half the time.

I like the roster on 2K14 pretty well. It looks solid for my liking. The thing is, I usually get a wrestling game and keep it for like 4 years so i am tempted by this one. The thing is, I will play it A LOT for a while and i will probably go through like 3-4 waves of playing it A LOT.

How hard is it to unlock stuff? Can you buy your way out of the work if you get frustrated.

I think you'd be better off trading Smackdown vs Raw 2011 for the original Smackdown vs Raw and using EWR/TEW to simulate your feuds.
    Swarles
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:49 pm

Colt Cabana just tapped Batista out with the Billy Goat's curse to win the WHC at wrestlemania. This is an alternate universe i want to be apart of.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 13, 2024 5:30 pm