WrestleConnect.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WrestleConnect.com

5 posters

A-Rod Suing MLB and MLBPA; HOF Opinions

StylesClash
    StylesClash

A-Rod Suing MLB and MLBPA; HOF Opinions Empty A-Rod Suing MLB and MLBPA; HOF Opinions

Post by StylesClash Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:55 pm

Rotoworld wrote:Alex Rodriguez has sued Major League Baseball and the Major League Baseball Players Association in federal court in an attempt to have his 162-game suspension overturned.

Oh boy. In the complaint, which checks in at 77 pages, Rodriguez argues that arbitration Fredric Horowitz displayed "evident partiality" for MLB and that the MLBPA failed in their duties to represent him during the process. Many believe that Rodriguez is very unlikely to have any success by taking the matter to federal court, but the drama isn't over yet.

I understand how he gets the whole MLB is out to get him, but its not like he didn't pull this on himself. He's admitted that he had used PED's in his career early on, only to change his comment that he didn't knowingly take them. He has countless people witnessing his drug use, and his name happens to be on a list of a known PED provider where EVERY other name has admitted their use and accepted the punishment. Not ONE fought their suspensions except for A-Rod...

My question, will he ever man up and admit his wrongdoing? Is there any way he could be innocent? And finally, an opinion question, how do each of you think players of the steroid era should be judged when it comes to voting on the HOF?
    Indy
    Indy
    Admin

A-Rod Suing MLB and MLBPA; HOF Opinions Empty Re: A-Rod Suing MLB and MLBPA; HOF Opinions

Post by Indy Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:16 pm

I feel bad for baseball and the mess it will be cleaning up over the next decade.

As far as A-Rod,  He deserves to be suspended.  But his suspension length is definitely crazy when comparing to others.

On top of that, he doesn't have a single failed drug test against him.  We rely on testimony of a guy who has every reason to lie to find ARod guilty.  

What's the point of drug testing if you can be found guilty even if you pass it?

Again..  to put it in perspective.   Ryan Braun fails a PED test...  interefered with the test..  Destroyed the career of people taking the test. His punishment,  65 games?

Melky Cabrera fails and interfered with a test and only got 50 games.

ARod..   hasn't failed a test.  

I'm sure he's no angel in this deal but like,  where is the evidence? And why such a crazy suspension when the precedent is less than half of what you gave ARod.
    StylesClash
    StylesClash

A-Rod Suing MLB and MLBPA; HOF Opinions Empty Re: A-Rod Suing MLB and MLBPA; HOF Opinions

Post by StylesClash Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:28 pm

The suspension is only what it is because of his consistent denial that he's ever used PED's, flat out denying it several times on national television, only to admit it he used it during 2-3 seasons in Texas, ultimately getting his first big contract due to it.

Then he tested positive for steroids in 2003 during the early stages of testing for the drug before it was a big issue. To see his name on another document after these stages doomed him in. Being that he is also arguable the biggest name in baseball over the last 10-15 years didn't help matters either.

The one I hate it for is Barry Bond, the home run king. Never admitted to steroids, never tested positive, trial testing or since the implementation has been in place, yet due to his big numbers he's always been long suspected of steroids and therefore will most likely never get into the hall because of it...

MLB has so much on their hands with it that I think they need to sit done with fans and voters and decide what to do with it, its just too much of an issue to try and keep brushing it under the rug and claiming victory when someone gets caught on it, yet punishing others who were in the same era.
    Xero
    Xero

Post by Xero Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:41 pm

The steroid abusers should be in the Hall of Fame.  I would imagine steroid use was far more widespread than we know, and the guys who got caught look like jerks just because they were unfortunate enough to get in trouble.

Still, don't act like an idiot.  A-Rod is acting like an idiot.
    JustSkiff
    JustSkiff

Post by JustSkiff Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:59 am

Bonds should get in. Hearing stories from former teammates about his baseball IQ really show how good of a player he was.
    SBR
    SBR

Post by SBR Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:46 pm

Bonds, Clemens, McGwire, Sosa, Palmerio and A-Rod should all get in. It's a freaking museum. McGwire and Sosa saved baseball after the strike.

I could go on and on about how these old guys need to be removed from being able to vote. But I won't.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 20, 2024 12:48 pm