WrestleConnect.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WrestleConnect.com

+3
SBR
GolfClubNinja
Joe5150
7 posters

CruiserWeight Classic Tournament General Discussion *NO Spoilers*

Joe5150
    Joe5150

CruiserWeight Classic Tournament General Discussion *NO Spoilers* Empty CruiserWeight Classic Tournament General Discussion *NO Spoilers*

Post by Joe5150 Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:41 pm

CruiserWeight Classic Tournament General Discussion *NO Spoilers* CruiserWeight_Logo--0ad7da8022f5f47ee4c624ad770ecbbb
    Starts this week, 7/13, following NXT. Hosted & Commentated by Mauro Ranallo and 4-time WWE World Champion Daniel Bryan

WWE Cruiserweight Classic: Bracketology: July 11, 2016

The Cruiserweight Classic bracket will be revealed during CWC: Bracketology, hosted by Mauro Ranallo and Daniel Bryan. The episode begins at 22:46!

Weight-limit: 205lbs, if a wrestler goes over the weight-limit, they will be replaced in the tournament.

Wrestlers

Akira Tozawa
    Alejandro Saez
    Anthony Bennett
    Ariya Daivari
    Brian Kendrick
    Cedric Alexander
    Da Mack
    Damian Slater
    Drew Gulak
    Fabian Aichner
    Gran Metalik
    Gurv Sihra
    Harv Sihra
    Ho Ho Lun
    Jack Gallagher
    Jason Lee
    Johnny Gargano
    Kenneth Johnson
    Kota Ibushi
    Lince Dorado
    Mustafa Ali
    Noam Dar
    Israel Israel
    Raul Mendoza
    Rich Swann
    Sean Maluta
    T.J. Perkins
    Tajiri
    Tommaso Ciampa
    Tony Nese
    Tyson Dux
    Zack Sabre Jr.

Alternates

Aaron Solow
    Jessy Sorensen
    Jesus Yernet
    Kai Katana
    Vandal Ortagun

Bracket:
    http://www.wwe.com/shows/cruiserweightclassic/cruiserweight-classic-bracketology-2016-07-06/article/cruiserweight-0
    CruiserWeight Classic Tournament General Discussion *NO Spoilers* 20160705_CWC_Bracketology_BRACKET--d87ad5e36e94ba9c6ae5cb388018aea5
    WWE.com wrote:The field of 32 competitors is set, and now, the road they will have to navigate to be victorious in the first-ever Cruiserweight Classic has been laid out. The bracket for the tournament was revealed on WWE Network during CWC: Bracketology, leaving the sports-entertainment world buzzing about the matches to come over the next 10 weeks.

The opening round will see early favorite Zack Sabre Jr. of England clash with wily Canadian veteran Tyson Dux. Japan’s “Golden Star” Kota Ibushi faces a tough challenge in Sean Maluta of American Samoa, the nephew of WWE Hall of Famer Afa. However, the most intriguing matchup for many fans features Johnny Gargano and Tommaso Ciampa squaring off. The close friends and partners recently put themselves in line for an NXT Tag Team Championship opportunity. Will they be able to put aside their partnership while chasing individual glory in the Cruiserweight Classic?

Who do you think will win the inaugural WWE Cruiserweight Classic? You have the chance to make your voice heard. Print the official CWC bracket now and share your picks with friends, family and on social media. Then, be sure to tune into WWE Network every Wednesday at 9/8 C, starting July 13, to see who advances in the Cruiserweight Classic!

*Post Away*
    GolfClubNinja
    GolfClubNinja

CruiserWeight Classic Tournament General Discussion *NO Spoilers* Empty Re: CruiserWeight Classic Tournament General Discussion *NO Spoilers*

Post by GolfClubNinja Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:52 pm

*looks at bracket, looks for money*
    SBR
    SBR

CruiserWeight Classic Tournament General Discussion *NO Spoilers* Empty Re: CruiserWeight Classic Tournament General Discussion *NO Spoilers*

Post by SBR Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:57 pm

This is gonna be, as the kids say, so lit.
    JustSkiff
    JustSkiff

Post by JustSkiff Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:13 pm

lit af fam
    SBR
    SBR

Post by SBR Fri Jul 22, 2016 2:37 pm

When you haven't watched Lince Dorado wrestle in years and he's actually good now
    Slayer
    Slayer

Post by Slayer Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:12 pm

All of the matches have been pretty good so far on the first two episodes, except for Tozawa vs. Johnson, and I solely place the blame for that on Kenneth Johnson.

Tozawa really tried to do what he could with him, but Johnson seemed lost out and confused out there. He's lucky his connection to Funaki even got him the opportunity to be in the CWC, because he would have never gotten a look by WWE otherwise.
    TeeBeeKay
    TeeBeeKay

Post by TeeBeeKay Fri Jul 22, 2016 8:59 pm

Apparently Lince got signed, was never a huge fan but he killed it against Ali so good for him
    Swarles
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:34 pm

Slayer wrote:All of the matches have been pretty good so far on the first two episodes, except for Tozawa vs. Johnson, and I solely place the blame for that on Kenneth Johnson.

Tozawa really tried to do what he could with him, but Johnson seemed lost out and confused out there. He's lucky his connection to Funaki even got him the opportunity to be in the CWC, because he would have never gotten a look by WWE otherwise.
    the guy also had a good story, but yea, johnson was unfathomably bad out there, just constantly struggling the whole time.
    TeeBeeKay
    TeeBeeKay

Post by TeeBeeKay Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:41 am

I was pretty shocked by how little reaction ZSJ got during his match, crowd was just dead once the bell rang, I had initially guessed ZSJ/Ibushi in the finals, but now I'm wondering if it will be Metalik in the finals instead

I'm kind of bummed Zack faces Gulak in the next round because I feel like he needs a different style to work against in front of Full Sail, but who knows maybe he killed it and they tore it up

Also loved loved loved Kendrick as the vet pulling out every dirty trick to win, it's the best Kendrick has looked in years IMO
    JustSkiff
    JustSkiff

Post by JustSkiff Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:39 am

Gulak/ZSJ was the match I was looking forward to the most once the brackets were released. However, Gulak's match last night made me wish that Biff was in this tournament so we could get one more Biff/Gulak match.
    Slayer
    Slayer

Post by Slayer Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:22 pm

I feel like Sabre's lack of reaction was due to the style he worked not being a good fit for a relatively short TV match.

Admittedly, I haven't watched many ZSJ matches, so the pace at which he was working in his match seemed incredibly slow and unconvincing. Also, minor things like working the fingers don't really come off well in front of a TV taping crowd.

In all honesty, Tyson Dux came off much better of the two as far as presenting himself in front of a new TV audience.

And Kendrick was great, adding some much needed character depth to this tournament. I was also incredibly impressed by Raul Mendoza. I had heard about him when he was performing as JINZO throughout Mexico and Japan, but never actually got to watch him. He showed that he could actually be a great fit for WWE in his match with Kendrick.
    GolfClubNinja
    GolfClubNinja

Post by GolfClubNinja Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:43 pm

CruiserWeight Classic Tournament General Discussion *NO Spoilers* 6441iBAE99DD20853D581?v=mpbl-1

I like to break the rules Very Happy
    JustSkiff
    JustSkiff

Post by JustSkiff Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:12 pm

It's also important to note that round two could be a different audience from round one as they weren't taped too close together.
    Slayer
    Slayer

Post by Slayer Sat Jul 30, 2016 4:15 pm

Yeah, no matter how good the matches/wrestlers are, a long wrestling TV taping will wear any crowd out.

Plus the second round matches will likely get much more time, which plays well into Sabre's style.
    TeeBeeKay
    TeeBeeKay

Post by TeeBeeKay Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:37 pm

Vintage Brian Kendrick always busting out Burning Hammers

Seriously loved both matches tonight, but especially the Ibushi/Kendrick match, loved this Kendrick run just great stuff
    JustSkiff
    JustSkiff

Post by JustSkiff Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:10 pm

This was the best Kendrick has looked in the tournament. I was also surprised by the winner of the Tozawa/Metalik match
    SBR
    SBR

Post by SBR Sat Sep 03, 2016 5:44 pm

Just watched the first quarter finals show and my God what a great show with two great matches. Gran Metalik might be my new favorite to win this thing.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:11 pm