WrestleConnect.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WrestleConnect.com

+5
Stroke
SBR
WWF Attitude
Xero
Joe5150
9 posters

Samuel Shaw debuts with serial killer gimmick

Joe5150
    Joe5150

Samuel Shaw debuts with serial killer gimmick  Empty Samuel Shaw debuts with serial killer gimmick

Post by Joe5150 Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:15 pm

Ws looking at some of the highlights on YT as I didn't watch Impact and noticed Sam Shaw finally debuted his Christy Hemme obsessed/possible serial killer(complete with Dexter's kill outfit) on Impact this week.

A serial killer gimmick is pretty ridiculous even for wrestling, but if they are gonna do it, why not go all the way?

Like, Someone can deliver a present to Christy in the ring. When she opens it, it's Curry Man's mask with a note accompanying it.

He's hot
    He's spicy
    He tastes great
    And that's just me.

Love,
    Samuel
    Xero
    Xero

Samuel Shaw debuts with serial killer gimmick  Empty Re: Samuel Shaw debuts with serial killer gimmick

Post by Xero Fri Jan 03, 2014 10:04 pm

I always thought that's how you approach women.
    WWF Attitude
    WWF Attitude

Samuel Shaw debuts with serial killer gimmick  Empty Re: Samuel Shaw debuts with serial killer gimmick

Post by WWF Attitude Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:55 am

TNA really missed out by not debuting him during the Aces and Eights thing. then you could have Dexter fight the SOA in a wrestling ring.

I'm joking, but I bet TNA "creative" would have loved it.
    SBR
    SBR

Post by SBR Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:41 pm

It's really hard to tell what they could even do with a serial killer character. But what other shows could they parody and give someone a gimmick as:

-The Sopranos: Samoa Joe becomes Tony Soprano
    -Entourage: AJ Styles does a C movie while a FA comes back as Vince with an entourage of losers from the Indys
    -Its Always Sunny: Chris Sabin, Chris Daniels, Kazarian and Velvet Sky open a bar in Orlando and have mischievous skits during Impact
    -Community: Jeff Hardy during his TNA hiatus goes back to community college trying to be a lawyer.
    -Intervention: Wait that is Kurt Angles gimmick already.
    Stroke
    Stroke

Post by Stroke Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:01 pm

You had me with the Sunny parody.
    Slayer
    Slayer

Post by Slayer Sat Jan 04, 2014 10:10 pm

This has as much potential as when Barry Windham was "The Stalker."
    PhenominalXX1
    PhenominalXX1

Post by PhenominalXX1 Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:14 am

theres a line in the sand with gimmicks like this....i give it 3 weeks before we get a rape angle.
    StylesClash
    StylesClash

Post by StylesClash Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:21 am

I really liked the vignettes they had with him leading up to his debut, its just felt like forever since the first one and his debut just wasn't that spectacular. I understand why you have the choke hold as a finisher with his gimmick, but its just not a hold that screams dangerous to me.

He needs something that looks absolutely vicious that make you go holy shit, there is no way I want to touch that guy because that choke just doesn't do that. The gimmick has potential, but his in-ring move set needs to evolve, hopefully it will after a couple of these jobbers get out the way.
    Slayer
    Slayer

Post by Slayer Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:09 am

Plus, a standing arm triangle is such an impractical move. In an MMA fight, grappling match, or a real-life scuffle, it's quite an easy hold to get out of. An arm triangle is most effective when the person applying it can put all of their weight on the person they are doing it on, which you can't do while applying it in a standing position.

I say what kills the gimmick more though is those white pants. If you're going to imitate Dexter, at least stay true to serial killer logic and wear some darker pants.
    JustSkiff
    JustSkiff

Post by JustSkiff Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:51 pm

I hated his squash match against Norv. He doesn't doesn't have the moveset to make squash matches fun.
    StylesClash
    StylesClash

Post by StylesClash Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:07 pm

I just think if they want to give him a nasty submission then go with something like the torture rack and just exaggerate it a bit. It looks a lot more menacing and is just a better overall and more practical move since you can drop them into many different kinds of slams from that position, he just doesn't give off the killer (that's rellik spelled backwards!) vibe

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm