WrestleConnect.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WrestleConnect.com

5 posters

Watching Friday's Impact.....um, this is some great stuff *Spoilers*

Joe5150
    Joe5150

Watching Friday's Impact.....um, this is some great stuff *Spoilers* Empty Watching Friday's Impact.....um, this is some great stuff *Spoilers*

Post by Joe5150 Sun May 10, 2015 7:46 pm

Haven't watched TNA in a few weeks. Figured with it being live and being Billy Corgan's first show as producer/head of creative/whatever, I'd watch it.

Um, this is some great writing. Almost everyone is knocking their stuff out of the park. I'm not sure why Taryn is heel, but this crazy mean girls dollhouse gimmick/stable is great, she's playing very well. Showing how talented she is, she's not one trick pony at all. The segment at the Robert Irvine event with Gail, Taryn, and Gail's Step-Daughters was very good TV. The Gail/Kong 'common enemy' alliance works very well.

The BDC/MVP getting 'real' integrating real life stuff in the news into their characters can be tricky, but they are making it work. Was shocked to here MVP drop the N-Bomb, but it wasn't tacky or anything, it work for what his promo was about.

The Storm/Mickie/Magnus segment was great. I love the shades of gray/mind games/getting personal, that was a really well played segment.

EC3/Anderson was pretty good as well.

If this is what Billy Corgan is offering for TNA? Count me back in, as I think I'll be watching each week. This is what I want from my pro wrestling in 2015. Great writing.

TNA became good again over the last year, now I feel their product is pretty f'n great.
    SBR
    SBR

Watching Friday's Impact.....um, this is some great stuff *Spoilers* Empty Re: Watching Friday's Impact.....um, this is some great stuff *Spoilers*

Post by SBR Mon May 11, 2015 2:45 pm

I've heard good things but the production is really sad and DA removed all their late night replays which is when I would watch it. So they pretty much took the ball out of my court.
    Slayer
    Slayer

Watching Friday's Impact.....um, this is some great stuff *Spoilers* Empty Re: Watching Friday's Impact.....um, this is some great stuff *Spoilers*

Post by Slayer Tue May 12, 2015 10:41 pm

I always hear about how bad TNA's production is supposed to be from wrestling fans. But having watched other wrestling shows more often as of late, particularly ROH, it really makes you appreciate how much better TNA's production is in comparison.

Overall, TNA has become a much better product in recent months. It's consistent, the storylines actually lead to something, and there's continuity with the events that occur.
    SBR
    SBR

Post by SBR Tue May 12, 2015 10:53 pm

Slayer wrote:I always hear about how bad TNA's production is supposed to be from wrestling fans. But having watched other wrestling shows more often as of late, particularly ROH, it really makes you appreciate how much better TNA's production is in comparison.

Overall, TNA has become a much better product in recent months. It's consistent, the storylines actually lead to something, and there's continuity with the events that occur.

ROH runs in small clubs and fairgrounds and TNA runs in a UNIVERSAL STUDIO SOUNDSTAGE and it still looks like they're running Terminal 5.
    Xero
    Xero

Post by Xero Tue May 12, 2015 11:12 pm

I always hear about how bad TNA's production is supposed to be from wrestling fans. But having watched other wrestling shows more often as of late, particularly ROH, it really makes you appreciate how much better TNA's production is in comparison.

Comparing an indy fed to a global wrestling brand isn't a fair comparison. During the Spike TV days, I thought TNA's production values were pretty good, especially during the "Impact Wrestling" days, but now they look worse than the dying days of WCW. Much of that attributed to the network switch I'm sure, though Lucha Underground arguably looks better. I don't see enough to comment.
    Slayer
    Slayer

Post by Slayer Tue May 12, 2015 11:21 pm

Maybe I haven't heard it here and I'm not trying to attack ROH, but I constantly see how wrestling fans and media try to portray ROH as being a bigger company and having better production than TNA.

That's just my response to it. Obviously, their production isn't nearly as good on Destination America as it was on Spike TV, but I'm really surprised that it's as good as it is after switching networks.

One of the biggest issues is the lighting. I can understand that it was necessary for the NYC tapings at the beginning of the year (low attendance), but they didn't need to keep it as dark as they have for the UK tour or the recent shows at Universal Orlando.
    TeeBeeKay
    TeeBeeKay

Post by TeeBeeKay Wed May 13, 2015 12:52 am

I think the portrayal of ROH as "bigger" is due to generally bigger live audiences, and the idea that now they are equal if not ahead in viewership or at least close, not to mention the fact that ROH is either actually profitable or far closer to profitable than TNA has ever been

This isn't to excuse ROH's production values, they're terrible, and while I haven't seen new TNA, I'm guessing TNA still looks better

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 9:10 am