WrestleConnect.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WrestleConnect.com

+2
Swarles
Joe5150
6 posters

RIP El Hijo del Perro Aguayo

Joe5150
    Joe5150

RIP El Hijo del Perro Aguayo  Empty RIP El Hijo del Perro Aguayo

Post by Joe5150 Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:59 am

http://pwtorch.com/artman2/publish/Other_News_4/article_83990.shtml#.VQ1rBo7F_w8

El Hijo del Perro Aguayo died this morning after taking a botched 619 from Rey Mysterio at last night's AAA show.

Swarles
    Swarles
    Admin

RIP El Hijo del Perro Aguayo  Empty Re: RIP El Hijo del Perro Aguayo

Post by Swarles Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:04 am

Jesus Christ, that doesn't even seem like it should be possible.
    JustSkiff
    JustSkiff

Post by JustSkiff Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:07 am

It wasn't a botched 619. It apparently was whiplash from the dropkick that sets up the 619.
    SBR
    SBR

Post by SBR Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:23 pm

Fucking tragic, if you haven't don't watch the video.

RIP
    Slayer
    Slayer

Post by Slayer Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:37 am

I didn't watch the video, nor do I ever intend to do so. I just can't watch videos like this knowing the tragic result of what happens afterwards.

It's also ridiculous how so many "journalists" have come up with ignorant click-bait headlines about this story. Even ESPN's Sportscenter Twitter account foolishly phrased a Tweet as if Rey Misterio was to blame for Perro's death.

In other news, there was an awesome tribute for Perro at the Lucha Underground tapings on Saturday. I posted an awesome collection of fan signs and some of the memorial pictures they used for the in-ring tribute segment on my Twitter & Instagram accounts.  

I'm pretty sure that they filmed it and I would imagine that this might end up as an online video with a condensed version airing on TV soon. That's because this was about 10 minutes and a VERY emotional scene, given how close most of the roster was to Perro.

I do believe Rey Misterio (similar build & skin tone) may have been present, but he was dressed in a manner that made him blend in with the rest of the wrestlers and he obviously tried to not draw any attention to himself. I wouldn't blame Rey if he decides to step away from wrestling for the time being because he must be an emotional wreck right now, and it especially doesn't help that some ignorant individuals are trying to unfairly blame him for what happened.
    BornToFail
    BornToFail

Post by BornToFail Sun Apr 05, 2015 6:35 am

Slayer
    Slayer

Post by Slayer Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:21 pm

Cool to see that they released this video. I usually do my best not to be too emotional in public environments but it was really tough to keep from tearing up that day, especially with how much Sexy Star was crying.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:49 pm