WrestleConnect.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WrestleConnect.com

+2
SBR
Swarles
6 posters

I need to write down words about the vince mcmahon podcast with austin.

Swarles
    Swarles
    Admin

I need to write down words about the vince mcmahon podcast with austin.  Empty I need to write down words about the vince mcmahon podcast with austin.

Post by Swarles Sat Dec 06, 2014 1:34 pm

What a fucking pile of horse shit that whole thing was.

-Vince burying the whole roster because none of them wanted to "grab the brass ring" was beyond hypocritical. Not just did they fire their most driven wrestler in years in CM Punk, but literally in the same interview, when austin asks him about guys walking on egg shells as to not piss anyone off, vince's answer is "well don't piss anyone off".

-Cesaro is "missing it" - MAKE HIM A BABYFACE. Maybe he'd be over if you left him be himself instead of a generic foreign heel for 3 years he'd be a little over.

-CM punk firing was a "clerical error" - just fuck off. Punk covers this pretty well on the 2nd AOW.

-Vince positioning himself as the under dog against other territories was down right nauseating. The guy in the biggest market who was getting talent to jump by paying them more couldn't compete with the millionaires in Greensboro and Memphis huh? OK

-Clearly he is tired of hearing he is out of touch. And hey, what better way to prove how in touch you are then by saying "I'm not out of touch" like 3 times in an interview. That's convincing.

So yea, I hated this. And what REALLY bothers me is people talking about how "open" vince was. This was Vince BSing for an hour, pure and simple (because the network is doing so good, you guys). I think my interest for WWE and their network is at an all time low after this.
    SBR
    SBR

I need to write down words about the vince mcmahon podcast with austin.  Empty Re: I need to write down words about the vince mcmahon podcast with austin.

Post by SBR Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:08 pm

It's safe to say that everything you say is true. Especially the brass ring/Cesaro/Punk stuff.
    GolfClubNinja
    GolfClubNinja

I need to write down words about the vince mcmahon podcast with austin.  Empty Re: I need to write down words about the vince mcmahon podcast with austin.

Post by GolfClubNinja Sat Dec 06, 2014 3:20 pm

i think cesaro could handle a push as a heel if they put someone who is also talented, which would be hard, probably a shield member like ambrose or reigns.
    CapitalTTruth
    CapitalTTruth

Post by CapitalTTruth Sat Dec 06, 2014 4:12 pm

I have actually heard people say, "Austin didn't pull any punches". That was the safest interview I have seen in a while.
    SBR
    SBR

Post by SBR Sat Dec 06, 2014 4:14 pm

I thought Austin was fine, he knew he was going to have to hold back. Especially with the Punk stuff.
    CapitalTTruth
    CapitalTTruth

Post by CapitalTTruth Sat Dec 06, 2014 4:25 pm

I am not blaming him or anything. But I am not sure he deserves a whole lot of credit for "pulling no punches".
    SBR
    SBR

Post by SBR Sat Dec 06, 2014 4:26 pm

Absolutely. It was a big publicity stunt. The whole thing. Still more entertaining than Raw.
    nivision
    nivision

Post by nivision Sat Dec 06, 2014 4:52 pm

I expected him to be safer, actually.

*looks around the new digs that are probably old to everybody else, whistles, walks away*
    Slayer
    Slayer

Post by Slayer Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:32 pm

nivision wrote:I expected him to be safer, actually.

*looks around the new digs that are probably old to everybody else, whistles, walks away*
    Same here. Vince spoke about a lot more than I expected him to. How in-depth they did expect Vince to be?

I also don't feel like he necessarily buried Cesaro. Vince actually spoke quite highly of his athletic and in-ring ability, but I do agree with him to an extent in that he has trouble translating his personality into a connection with the WWE audience.

As for the "brass-ring" comments, I've heard many other older wrestlers make similar comments, albeit not as blunt. That's likely why Austin set that up with the "walking on egg-shells" remark. It seems like the roster has interpreted this as a challenge from Vince, which was likely the intention. However, WWE seems to be a different beast with Triple H gaining more control.
    Swarles
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles Sat Dec 06, 2014 5:56 pm

I wasn't annoyed at how "safe" or not safe it was, but at how much of it was bull shit. The stuff about the roster is his opinion so I can't argue it much other than to say i think he's wrong for blaming them and not the creative of the company.

But I mean the stuff about the territories, about being a self made man, about listening to the fans, about how great the network is doing, his apology to punk etc was just self serving, ego driven bull shit that aggravated me.

If he would have come out and been like "the roster is good, i think our product is good, i don't want to talk about punk, hey lets tell some funny old stories" it'd have been a much safer, more boring interview, sure. But it wouldn't have annoyed me as much.
    CapitalTTruth
    CapitalTTruth

Post by CapitalTTruth Sat Dec 06, 2014 6:46 pm

It didn't exactly violate my expectations. The whole safe thing was more a response to how people reacted to it. The whole thing just felt to me like part of the show these days, part of WWE's willingness to play in the space between "shoot" and "work". I enjoyed it. I thought it was fun. I thought it was entertaining and I didn't expect Austin to push him or anything. I just said it seemed safe and I am seeing people elsewhere talking about how great and hard hitting it was.

As for the bullshit stuff, I agree. I think that speaks to my point about how this is not really a hard hitting shoot interview as much as it is a space for Vince to throw his two cents in on a bunch of things.
    Slayer
    Slayer

Post by Slayer Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:44 am

I think the main reason why people considered it a hard-hitting interview is because Vince rarely opens up about anything, especially on camera. Even if he was full of shit on some of the stuff he said, it was a rare glimpse to see him speak out of character in an interview/conversational format (which is a more appropriate label for podcasts).

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 2:23 pm