WrestleConnect.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WrestleConnect.com

+3
Swarles
SBR
Abachalypse
7 posters

How to sell my wife on wrestling...

Abachalypse
    Abachalypse

How to sell my wife on wrestling... Empty How to sell my wife on wrestling...

Post by Abachalypse Sat Sep 06, 2014 4:32 pm

Any ideas?

She has off Monday nights, and now that I have cable again, when 7pm rolls around it seems like the logical thing to do -- but she never wants to, even though she used to watch way back in the day. Unfortunately, all I am left with is TNA, because I have off Wednesday nights and she works until midnight. I watched the last hour of this past week, and while I wasn't disturbed and by all means it wasn't terrible, it was still pretty "meh"

Not that the WWE's product is any better, but in all reality, I have been out of the loop for well over a year. I really have no idea what's going on in either promotion aside from Bobby Lashley has somehow sternly pointed his way to a championship, Brock Lesnar is beating everyone up (until Reigns predictably beats him at Mania) and I think Ring of Honor and Chikara still exist, but again, out of the loop.

So what I need from you guys is an unbiased, but smarkfully biased view of both major promotions and if it's worth my time, AND how to get the wife into one or the other. (Mainly just WWE since she's not home anyway for TNA)

Aaaaaand GO.
    SBR
    SBR

How to sell my wife on wrestling... Empty Re: How to sell my wife on wrestling...

Post by SBR Sat Sep 06, 2014 4:39 pm

My girlfriend doesn't like wrestling either. She has gone to shows with me and stuff and she def likes the live experience better than watching on TV, shes the same way with basketball. But she respects the fact that I have to watch it to do the podcast. So just tell her you have to watch it to do a podcast or you have to write an article or something. Can't argue with work.

That at least has helped me.
    Swarles
    Swarles
    Admin

How to sell my wife on wrestling... Empty Re: How to sell my wife on wrestling...

Post by Swarles Sat Sep 06, 2014 5:07 pm

just slink off to another room and watch it in shame like a normal fan.
    Abachalypse
    Abachalypse

Post by Abachalypse Sat Sep 06, 2014 5:37 pm

We only have cable in one room, and you know, I like my living room.

So what if she wants to listen to this podcast?
    SBR
    SBR

Post by SBR Sat Sep 06, 2014 5:48 pm

Can you sound like me or Swarley. You can pretend you are a voice actor.
    JustSkiff
    JustSkiff

Post by JustSkiff Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:53 pm

I figured you would have liked this week's impact, based off of Havok's debut, but I guess you missed that.

This is old, and may not apply, but it's worth a shot.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/990148-10-ways-to-get-your-wife-or-girlfriend-to-like-wwe
    CapitalTTruth
    CapitalTTruth

Post by CapitalTTruth Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:15 pm

See if you can get her to watch the documentaries and hope she gets invested in the characters and the actual people a bit. My wife doesn't "like" wrestling, but she has some investment in some of the wrestlers because she likes the stories so she tolerates it from time to time.
    2kNikk
    2kNikk

Post by 2kNikk Mon Sep 08, 2014 6:58 pm

Don't.
    Abachalypse
    Abachalypse

Post by Abachalypse Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:00 pm

So far it's a no go. I may have lucked out, though, because while Monday nights are out for me, I watched what I could on Youtube for highlights to sort of follow and well...yeah...

All I got was Jerry Springer and Randy Orton in a main event. I guess while there seemed to be decent spots of the show, I wasn't at all impressed.

Impact, however, got my attention at least a little. Now granted, both shows aren't really that good, but when you stop watching for a year and come back and just want to be entertained, you tend to be a bit less objective. (Unless it's really shit)

I welcomed Gail Kim back into my life and the Knockouts still seem to be alive and kicking -- and then I saw Havok. So that was nice. James Storm and his New Japan dude interest me some, and seeing Low Ki and Homicide back is also nice. The tag team best of thing is okay. Competitive and well, nice. I really don't get the Bobby Lashley thing, though, and they should really get him out of the ME picture, even if his in-ring has improved somewhat.

Lots of things, and stuff on both shows. WWE was "Meh" and TNA was "Nice" -- nothing overly exciting, and I think I'm too old to declare one show better than the other. It is what it is, but at least she works Wednesday nights so I guess I'll be watching Impact more and more. Interesting...aren't they going to die in actual 90 days anyway?
    SBR
    SBR

Post by SBR Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:05 pm

TNA has been the definition of fine for a month or so. No better no worse.

You know what you really should check out is NXT. Idk if they'll put Takeover on Hulu but bah gawd is NXT my favorite show.
    Grant
    Grant

Post by Grant Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:55 am

I agree with SBR. Go with NXT. It's fresh, it's exciting and it's not painfully long. You get some indy darlings and exposure to some really great WWE homegrowns.
    Abachalypse
    Abachalypse

Post by Abachalypse Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:42 pm

Hmmm. I think I'll check out some NXT. I'm assuming they have clips on Youtube. Until then, I've still been watching TNA. The farthest I got was "Hey, check out Velvet Sky, she wears fluffies" -- (my wife loves fluffies) so she thought that was hot and that's about as far as I got. I'll be watching TNA anyway it seems, and I'm actually excited to check out Bound for Glory since it's in Japan, which the crowd is always great in Japan.

For sure checking out NXT...
    SBR
    SBR

Post by SBR Sat Sep 20, 2014 12:56 pm

You can watch full NXT episodes on Hulu.

They have Takeover 2 on there. Def check out that show.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/686584

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 02, 2024 6:36 pm