WrestleConnect.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WrestleConnect.com

+3
SBR
danhere
PhenominalXX1
7 posters

What is Tna?

PhenominalXX1
    PhenominalXX1

What is Tna?  Empty What is Tna?

Post by PhenominalXX1 Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:32 pm

A discussion topic as much as a question. What is TNA, a pro wrestling company, obviously but what is it aim, does it want to compete with WWE? who is driving the company forwards? what is there plan? what is the companys USP and Identity?

I've tried watching lately and I feel like, no one really knows what they're doing or where they're going, there's no leadership and they are just on auto pilot, ticking over, waiting for something to happen, which I guess will be the sale of the company

any thoughts?
    danhere

What is Tna?  Empty Re: What is Tna?

Post by danhere Wed Dec 25, 2013 8:40 pm

when it first premiered on Spike it was advertised an an alternate pro wrestling federation
    more action less talk. now it's the opposite
    SBR
    SBR

Post by SBR Thu Dec 26, 2013 3:57 am

TNA is like that ex girlfriend that you know you should stop seeing because she always breaks your heart but you remember all the good times you had with her and think maybe she can change, but she never does.
    StylesClash
    StylesClash

Post by StylesClash Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:43 am

SBR wrote:TNA is like that ex girlfriend that you know you should stop seeing because she always breaks your heart but you remember all the good times you had with her and think maybe she can change, but she never does.

Wonderful description! TNA is similar to the WWE in that you wish it could go back to its glory days. My favorite time in the WWE was definitely the attitude era, TNA it was the beginning years, especially 2003-2006. The matches during those years were some of the best matches in wrestling. TNA truly was about nonstop action and included some amazing talent that the WWE would never even think of using properly.

As TNA fans, you just hope and pray that someone will get Dixie out the way and get TNA back to those roots.
    JustSkiff
    JustSkiff

Post by JustSkiff Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:48 pm

As much as I love 2003-2004 it wasn't about nonstop action. There were tons of promos. I actually think this past year was one of TNA's better years (Like 5th or 6th best).
    StylesClash
    StylesClash

Post by StylesClash Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:13 pm

Yeah but at least the promos then lead to some excellent matches, now promos just lead to mediocre matches with a screwed up finish so that we can get longer promos and more matches that are short and disrupted.

I just want for TNA to get back to the days of elite X-Division wrestling, and matches that just made you go wow! I havent had one of those in a while
    Indy
    Indy
    Admin

Post by Indy Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:40 pm

I DVR'd iMPACT and here's what I remember.

Dixie is trying to be Vince McMahon as a heel owner and is a terrible actor.

The Magnus .vs. AJ Styles match was absolutely ridiculous. Legit was like an unofficial royal rumble match gauntlet.

Kurt Angle for some reason wrestled a handicapped match in a cage versus Kazarian and Daniels.

And there was the WORST segment of Mr. Anderson and Bubba Ray in a funeral parlor. It was D budget movie bad.
    Xero
    Xero

Post by Xero Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:02 pm

I refuse to watch TNA after they let AJ Styles leave the company.
    StylesClash
    StylesClash

Post by StylesClash Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:13 pm

Xero wrote:I refuse to watch TNA after they let AJ Styles leave the company.

Honestly, I think you see AJ back in TNA before too long. He's got some dates set, and several tv taping with ROH, but he's not under contract to them. I wouldn't be shocked at all to see him return at Lockdown or Slammiversary in June so that he have a match set up for Bound For Glory.

Being an AJ fan, I'll watch him in TNA or ROH, but I expect him to come home by the end of the summer...latest reports are they are still negotiating

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:27 am