WrestleConnect.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WrestleConnect.com

+8
CapitalTTruth
PhenominalXX1
SBR
GenericMartini
Swarles
WWF Attitude
Xero
WhoBetta
12 posters

Pick WhoBetta's destination.

WhoBetta
    WhoBetta

Pick WhoBetta's destination. Empty Pick WhoBetta's destination.

Post by WhoBetta Thu May 29, 2014 7:52 pm

I've said this before, but the reality has come to push...

It is time to make plans to leave my job.

This will open an interesting door for me... And that is the possibility of going ANYWHERE.

The problem is I don't really have a passion for one industry over any other, so my job search has been haphazard at best. If only I could at the least narrow down the myriad of options.... This is where ya'll come in... If I could, at the least, narrow down an ideal location or two, that would greatly help. So....

Where should I move guys?
    Xero
    Xero

Pick WhoBetta's destination. Empty Re: Pick WhoBetta's destination.

Post by Xero Thu May 29, 2014 7:54 pm

Enterprise Tech Support
    WWF Attitude
    WWF Attitude

Post by WWF Attitude Thu May 29, 2014 7:57 pm

Go to the Eastmost Penninsula
    Swarles
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles Thu May 29, 2014 8:02 pm

I wanna come in and be like "Florida!!!" but the job market is fucking awful here, unless you want to work in the medical field.

I'm sure indy will be here to sell you on texas any second now.
    GenericMartini
    GenericMartini

Post by GenericMartini Thu May 29, 2014 9:01 pm

Though i'm not personally fond of it, Texas, has a variety of jobs open. Since it's pretty big it'll be easy to find a place for you to enjoy without having to put up with a lot of bullshit.

SBR
    SBR

Post by SBR Thu May 29, 2014 9:47 pm

Yeah I would love for you to move to NYC and be best friends but there are no jobs here. Texas could be good, Indy has a new job every year.
    PhenominalXX1
    PhenominalXX1

Post by PhenominalXX1 Thu May 29, 2014 10:26 pm

Apply for jobs places you wanna live, see which one's hire you, move to where you get picked?
    Xero
    Xero

Post by Xero Thu May 29, 2014 11:30 pm

SBR wrote:Yeah I would love for you to move to NYC and be best friends but there are no jobs here. Texas could be good, Indy has a new job every year.

Cool
    CapitalTTruth
    CapitalTTruth

Post by CapitalTTruth Fri May 30, 2014 12:28 pm

I am not sure I would recommend it, but SLC isn't TERRIBLE for jobs right now. The city is fine, especially if you like skiing. I like it ok, but I am not going to be particularly sad to leave.

I loved central NY when I lived there. The winters didn't bother me and like the balance between community and shit to do. Plus, you aren't far from NYC so a long weekend there (for wrestling shows) is always an option.

Cost of living is relatively low in both those places.

Indy
    Indy
    Admin

Post by Indy Fri May 30, 2014 4:56 pm

Texas is hard to adjust to because of the heat and the notion that everyone is a cousin-loving, gay hating redneck (it's really as diverse as east/north cities). But if you can pass a drug test and have a decent background, there are jobs everywhere. Houses/Land are cheap.

I love NYC but the abundance of jobs is a really nice freedom to have professionally, Makes for a good resume. In 4 years I have managed restaurants, supervised in prison, worked as a government contractor for ACA and currently am training to be a trainer for a call center subcontractor. I hate call centers but it's 2 blocks from my house and I love being so close to work.

Activity wise, Texas has multiple teams in like all the sports leagues so even if you're not a home team fan your team will likely make a few trips here, all kinds of musical acts, and it's easy to get away.

Just wish it wasn't so dang hot lol.
    Stroke
    Stroke

Post by Stroke Sat May 31, 2014 12:31 am

I select The Moon. Please let me know if it is made of spareribs and if so, if you would eat it.
    2kNikk
    2kNikk

Post by 2kNikk Sat May 31, 2014 7:21 pm

If you're willing to work at a bank I can make some calls.
    Xero
    Xero

Post by Xero Sat May 31, 2014 7:36 pm

2kNikk wrote:If you're willing to work at a bank I can make some calls.

What bank do you work for?
    WhoBetta
    WhoBetta

Post by WhoBetta Sat May 31, 2014 8:18 pm

No bank would hire me... If they were smart at least. Smile

Honesty... Ive been seriously considering Florida.

I mean, the math is there. I'm Jewish + I like golf + I dislike cold = Florida.

If I couldn't find a job before getting down there, I could likely get a transfer to Clearwater within my company while I look for something else, but I hear cost of living there is quite high and the jobs we staff in Clearwater don't pay nearly as well as the department Im in now.

Not decisive by any means, but Florida is definitely leading the pack.

As for Texas... When your legislature decides that a 'dimebag of weed = 10 years in jail' is plumb ridiculous and recognizes that women are actually living, breathing, thinking, human beings... Then we'll talk.

NYC... Dont take it personally SBR, but I dont think I can cut it in NYC. I need a yard. All things considered Im not writing NYC off at all.

Salt Lake City... I hear there's a lot of mormons... And more sexual deviants than any other city in the US. Win some. Lose some.

Thanks for helping. Any other thoughts let me know. I know its odd, but its helping. Smile
    GolfClubNinja
    GolfClubNinja

Post by GolfClubNinja Sat May 31, 2014 8:23 pm

WhoBetta wrote:As for Texas... When your legislature decides that a 'dimebag of weed = 10 years in jail' is plumb ridiculous and recognizes that women are actually living, breathing, thinking, human beings... Then we'll talk.

Dont forget they have anti-gay marrige laws and, depending where you are, intolerant bastards!

oh, texas.
    Swarles
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles Sat May 31, 2014 8:40 pm

Maybe things are different around that area(I'm probably only a little over an hour from Clearwater but I'd be lying if I said I knew the area), but the cost of living around here is actually pretty low. It's one of the reasons so many people retire here. No state taxes, once you get the homestead exemption property tax is really low(if you're ever in a position to actually own some land). And since the economy here isn't super great, rent on apartments/condos is not nearly as high as some areas. (no idea what you're used to paying in Cincinatti though).

It's just that whole "economy isn't super great" thing. Medical is huge in this area, and in Clearwater/Tampa there's surely SOME kind of work. Also, from my experience, it just seems like wages in general are kind of lower. You'll probably make less money down here then you would working the same job "up north".
    Xero
    Xero

Post by Xero Sat May 31, 2014 9:52 pm

I'd like to live somewhere on the West Coast.  I think Spokane or Seattle WA would be nice.  Alternatively, southern California appeals to me minus taxes and the cost of living.  

Also Alaska
    Indy
    Indy
    Admin

Post by Indy Sun Jun 01, 2014 1:33 am

WhoBetta wrote:When your legislature decides that a 'dimebag of weed = 10 years in jail' is plumb ridiculous and recognizes that women are actually living, breathing, thinking, human beings... Then we'll talk.

Is that based off of real facts or obscure court cases?  Cause if judicial system is a concern of yours, you may wanna google a few Florida cases  lol

I've worked under many successful women, Including governors..  Not sure where that stigma comes from.

Also,  Spend a day in Austin, Texas and get back to me on that weed thing.

I don't fly a Texas flag in my yard, but sometimes the stereotypes Texas has are hilarious.

As far as gay marriage, it won't be long...
    SBR
    SBR

Post by SBR Sun Jun 01, 2014 2:28 am

I have a yard.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:34 pm