WrestleConnect.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WrestleConnect.com

+4
WhoBetta
Indy
The PhenomenalBullyOne
Joe5150
8 posters

Last night was an eye-opening show for Gunner *Spoilers*

Joe5150
    Joe5150

Last night was an eye-opening show for Gunner *Spoilers* Empty Last night was an eye-opening show for Gunner *Spoilers*

Post by Joe5150 Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:39 pm

At least for me.

I've bashed the dude in the past, wondering why he was even hired. Thought he sucked.

Well, last night's Impact really showed he's actually pretty good or has the potential to be very good someday.

The promo video of him talking about being a Marine and his love of wrestling was great. His performance in the Main Event was really good.

Maybe he wasn't really put in the position in the past to really show it, but he's actually pretty dan good in the ring.

I don't think he should be a Main Eventer at the mooment, but a year from now? Maybe even earlier? I can see it.
    The PhenomenalBullyOne

Last night was an eye-opening show for Gunner *Spoilers* Empty Re: Last night was an eye-opening show for Gunner *Spoilers*

Post by The PhenomenalBullyOne Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:50 pm

I've always kinda liked Gunner thought he was better heel t hen good guy. But his match against Magus was awesome.
    Indy
    Indy
    Admin

Last night was an eye-opening show for Gunner *Spoilers* Empty Re: Last night was an eye-opening show for Gunner *Spoilers*

Post by Indy Fri Feb 21, 2014 4:35 pm

I'm a fan if they use him right. Outside of wrestling he is firm in his Christian beliefs (one look at his social media will show that) and is dedicated in the gym.

He has the work ethic. TNA needs a new homegrown name.
    WhoBetta
    WhoBetta

Post by WhoBetta Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:52 pm

No better place to put this than here.

Impact was AWFUL. Even the spotlight matches I had an interest in weren't up to snuff.

Very very poor effort by TNA.

Completely agree with everything being said here about Gunner. Just on a complete aside, Impact was just the worst this week.

Joe5150
    Joe5150

Post by Joe5150 Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:59 pm

WhoBetta wrote:No better place to put this than here.

Impact was AWFUL.  Even the spotlight matches I had an interest in weren't up to snuff.

Very very poor effort by TNA.

Completely agree with everything being said here about Gunner.  Just on a complete aside, Impact was just the worst this week.

Honestly, I gotta disagree. Magnus/Gunner was really good, Davey/Richards vs Bad Influence was really good, Spud was hilarious, The Samuel Shaw stuff was weird, but entertaining, Gail/Madison had a good hardcore match, EC3 character development was well done, Storm heel turn/Beer Money reunion tease was well done, and Samoa Joe was made to look like a badass.

I thought it was a strong show and the new direction of focusing on original/young talent is really good.
    Slayer
    Slayer

Post by Slayer Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:31 am

Gunner has been developing very well as singles wrestler over his TNA career, and it really showed in this match with Magnus. Being able to get a very American-influenced character over so well in Europe (he even got a USA chant going in Scotland) shows how well that he's connecting with the fans.

His first singles push came far too soon, during his run as the TV champ when he beat Sting and Mr. Anderson when they were World Champion in back-to-back weeks. However, he's been able to recover and develop a great presence as a top face in TNA.
    SBR
    SBR

Post by SBR Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:33 pm

I meant to comment on this, I think Gunner has improved a lot. I think working against James Storm can only help him. I still think Magnus' gimmick is really bad and not making him a star TNA needs him to be.
    RefChrist
    RefChrist

Post by RefChrist Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:35 pm

I think Gunner is improving tons, and is going to outshine Magnus eventually. I am actually hoping so, I dont like Magnus and I kinda like Gunner. Just dont see a whole lot in Magnus, Never have.
    Spudz
    Spudz

Post by Spudz Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:53 pm

Not surpise people are starting to see Gunner in a new light... always read good stuff about his work in ANARCHY Wrestlingin in Georgia.  Think about it some .. He was use a security guard for months, basically jobbing when used for months.then was lower card, after thought role for a good awhile. So of course people going thinks he blows. So he just now really getting to show what he can do  and I'm sure he learn some stuff in the last few years too.

It probably good that they push Gunner now before half the roster contracts run  out and they  jumps to the New Jarret promotion.. Gunner seem like he might be loyal enough to stay if TNa can stay a live on SpikeTV.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:32 am