WrestleConnect.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WrestleConnect.com

+8
PhenominalXX1
Slayer
The PhenomenalBullyOne
Xero
StylesClash
CapitalTTruth
SBR
Joe5150
12 posters

Who WWE thinks is the next John Cena

Joe5150
    Joe5150

Who WWE thinks is the next John Cena  Empty Who WWE thinks is the next John Cena

Post by Joe5150 Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:48 pm

F4WOnline.com has confirmed reports that Roman Reigns is indeed being looked at by WWE officials as the next top guy in the company. He is being referred to by some as the "heir apparent" to John Cena, and we noted over the weekend that WWE officials have been discussing the idea of Reigns vs Triple H at WrestleMania 30.
    SBR
    SBR

Who WWE thinks is the next John Cena  Empty Re: Who WWE thinks is the next John Cena

Post by SBR Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:28 pm

Old news but he could be, he's only gotten better in the ring since debuting. He hasn't really done a promo on his own yet though and it will be interesting to see how he does in that regard.
    CapitalTTruth
    CapitalTTruth

Who WWE thinks is the next John Cena  Empty Re: Who WWE thinks is the next John Cena

Post by CapitalTTruth Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:07 pm

It makes a lot of sense, but there is a lot to be done still. The bit about HHH at WM is somewhat surprising though.
    StylesClash
    StylesClash

Post by StylesClash Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:35 pm

I'd love to see Roman Reigns get a chance at a singles career. However I hope they don't push him to the moon quite yet. We need to see his promo skills and charisma as a singles character first before we title him the next big star. He's definitely improved and between the members of the shield I think he definitely has the highest ceiling. That said, I hope they give his push to the top some time.
    Xero
    Xero

Post by Xero Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:34 pm

Not surprising.
    The PhenomenalBullyOne

Post by The PhenomenalBullyOne Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:51 pm

Not that i mind or nothing but what does it take to get Daniel Bryan over really?
    CapitalTTruth
    CapitalTTruth

Post by CapitalTTruth Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:45 pm

They will never really believe in him as the man. If they don't at this point, it will never happen. He will get a title run or two, but they are looking for something else. Dragon is more over than anyone at any given time since Austin probably and they just don't believe that he can put butts in seats.
    Slayer
    Slayer

Post by Slayer Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:56 am

For some reason, I'm just not seeing it in Roman Reigns.

I mean he is really good in his current role as the quiet enforcer for The Shield, but it's difficult to see him being ready right now for a major solo run.
    PhenominalXX1
    PhenominalXX1

Post by PhenominalXX1 Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:09 am

if Bryan was 100 lbs heavier and 6 inches taller they'd go for it. but he isn't so they wont.
    The PhenomenalBullyOne

Post by The PhenomenalBullyOne Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:16 pm

You know I havent heard what Dragons merch is selling I am sure since Punk is gone he's gotta be the top merch guy right now right? And Roman might be good as top guy but it's going to take time.
    WWF Attitude
    WWF Attitude

Post by WWF Attitude Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:50 pm

Well Roman Reigns is the driving force behind all the Shield merch sales. Certainly has nothing to do with those other two guys.
    Swarles
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:29 pm

I think reigns will be less john cena, more dave batista.
    Indy
    Indy
    Admin

Post by Indy Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:36 pm

Embrace it, guys. He's amazing. It's in his blood.

Who WWE thinks is the next John Cena  The-Rock-and-Roman-Reigns-dwayne-the-rock-johnson-34573037-532-734
    Slayer
    Slayer

Post by Slayer Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:12 pm

The PhenomenalBullyOne wrote:You know I havent heard what Dragons merch is selling I am sure since Punk is gone he's gotta be the top merch guy right now right? And Roman might be good as top guy but it's going to take time.
    According to the Observer, Bryan is in the top 5. The other four are Cena, Punk, Ultimate Warrior and Sin Cara.

Swarles wrote:I think reigns will be less john cena, more dave batista.
    Definitely. Maybe that's why his impending singles push feels forced right now.
    SBR
    SBR

Post by SBR Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:18 pm

The fact that Bryan is in the top 5 of merch when he has the worst merch is incredible. (Not counting his respect the beard shirt, which was awesome)
    WhoBetta
    WhoBetta

Post by WhoBetta Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:19 pm

I still dont get it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 2:38 am