WrestleConnect.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WrestleConnect.com

+5
SBR
Xero
Swarles
Indy
Spudz
9 posters

AJ Styles Issues Statement

Spudz
    Spudz

AJ Styles Issues Statement Empty AJ Styles Issues Statement

Post by Spudz Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:51 am

AJ Styles posted the following on his official website and Facebook page this morning:

MY STATEMENT ON TNA CONTRACT NEGOTIATIONS 12/16/13

Today for the first time in 11 years, AJ Styles awakes to find himself without a professional wrestling contract. I can't help but think how did I get here, what must I have done wrong, did I not deliver in the ring, etc. All of those are pertinent questions that any man or woman who finds himself or herself unemployed would ask.

I have always prided myself in being the wrestler that stays away from the things in this business that could easily destroy myself, my family, my marriage, and even my career. A wrestler who goes above and beyond to give the fans what they paid to see.

I move forward not bitter, but better for the blessings and memories that I have been a part of since TNA's inception.

When this contract renegotiation journey started several months ago, my wife and I began praying for God to close doors that needed to be closed and to open the doors that He wanted us to walk through. We asked him to prepare us for this journey and to help us to have the faith to be obedient to what He would have us to do. I am assured by the name Immanuel in Matthews 1:23 that I will never be alone. Hebrews 13.5, says He will never leave us or forsake us. There is a lot in this world that I am unsure of, especially in this moment, but there is one thing that I am certain. Contracts may expire, but the promise of Immanuel will never expire.

As my family and I move forward with my wrestling career, we will turn to Jabez's prayer found in 1 Chronicles 4:10.

Oh, that You would bless me indeed,
    and enlarge my territory,
    that Your hand would be with me,
    and that You would keep me from evil.

My family and I are both grateful for the platform that TNA has allowed me to experience. TNA has been a blessing to our family for many years. We have made many friendships and many more memories. While you may not be seeing AJ Styles in TNA, you can be sure that he will be traveling the world and delivering many more Phenomenal matches. Visit AJStyles.org for a complete list of bookings.

Sincerely,

AJ Styles
    Indy
    Indy
    Admin

AJ Styles Issues Statement Empty Re: AJ Styles Issues Statement

Post by Indy Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:40 pm

AJ Styles Issues Statement 909263d6_2291482-not_sure_if_serious_zpsfc838097
    Swarles
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:06 pm

So, him and Russo are starting Ring of Glory back up?
    Xero
    Xero

Post by Xero Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:26 pm

AJ Styles Issues Statement Screaming-kid
    SBR
    SBR

Post by SBR Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:56 pm

AJ is booked for Amazing Red's House of Glory on February 15th in NYC, might try to go.
    CapitalTTruth
    CapitalTTruth

Post by CapitalTTruth Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:43 pm

He is also booked against Eddie Edwards in a 2cw show in central New York for March. That should be fun. I wish I could go.
    WWF Attitude
    WWF Attitude

Post by WWF Attitude Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:54 pm

so if this true, what was the point of AJ's entire year of build to become champion...
    CapitalTTruth
    CapitalTTruth

Post by CapitalTTruth Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:32 pm

OK, I am sorry. I don't get this... I haven't been able to bear watching TNA much in the last year plus. Is he really parting ways with TNA or is this a big work? I was under the impression they were trying to lift the CM Punk "you need me more than I need you" thing for AJ. Now it seems like he is actually gone. I just don't watch enough or know enough to know what is going on with TNA here.

I wish AJ the best, but I selfishly hope itsnt a work so that he can do indy shows for a while. I'd love to see him do a few of the shows wrestlemania weekend.
    SBR
    SBR

Post by SBR Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:56 pm

Basically TNA asked him to take a paycut and he said no. They agreed to an extension so they could finish the storyline but that extension has finished and he is a free agent. David Shoemaker from Grantland said he is asking for a little under $10k per indy appearance and will likely do well for a while in that regard.
    CapitalTTruth
    CapitalTTruth

Post by CapitalTTruth Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:25 pm

I am not a huge AJ fan, but TNA letting him walk seems so backwards to me. Ohh well... I'll take him doing the indy homecoming tour.

Thanks for the quick update.
    Joe5150
    Joe5150

Post by Joe5150 Tue Dec 17, 2013 11:42 pm

"UPDATED: The Wrestling Observer reports that AJ Styles is in fact back in negotiations with TNA, and there is some talk that he has already signed a new deal.

Styles has several bookings set with independent promotions between now and March which he is committed to."

From 411, stolen from WO
    PhenominalXX1
    PhenominalXX1

Post by PhenominalXX1 Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:47 am

AJ needs a break from TNA so whether this is permanent or temporary. its good for all parties ATM.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 4:36 pm