WrestleConnect.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WrestleConnect.com

3 posters

Lockdown in Miami...

StylesClash
    StylesClash

Lockdown in Miami... Empty Lockdown in Miami...

Post by StylesClash Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:01 pm

Lockdown in Miami... Lockdo10
    ImpactWrestling.com wrote:On Monday night, TNA President Dixie Carter announced that the annual "Lockdown" Steel Cage Pay-Per-View event will take place on March 9 from Miami, Florida at the BankUnited Center at the University of Miami. Tickets go on sale January 24 at Ticketmaster.com. Check back to ImpactWrestling.com in the coming weeks for more news on Lockdown in Miami!

Honestly I think its smart of TNA to stay in the Florida area where their locals are at. I still don't understand why they haven't done a PPV in NY or Toronto when those markets have sold 2,000+ tickets for HOUSE Shows...

Either way, what matches do you seeing being part of one of the major PPV? Who does Magnus defend the title against? Does AJ Return, or does someone different get a shot? Who would you like to see debut at the show or have a match for the show?
    SBR
    SBR

Lockdown in Miami... Empty Re: Lockdown in Miami...

Post by SBR Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:11 pm

I'm shocked they haven't done anything at the Hammerstein Ballroom, TV, PPV, anything. If it's too small for them there is a 6,000 seat arena on the campus of St. John's they could run. They're really dumb though so. Whatever.
    Swarles
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:22 pm

Miami is a long way from Orlando....I don't really think Miami is "TNA country", but I guess we'll see.
    StylesClash
    StylesClash

Post by StylesClash Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:45 pm

SBR wrote:I'm shocked they haven't done anything at the Hammerstein Ballroom, TV, PPV, anything. If it's too small for them there is a 6,000 seat arena on the campus of St. John's they could run. They're really dumb though so. Whatever.

In NY, the ballroom might be too small, just think about this, their HOUSE SHOW in Brooklyn, NY in 2010 got over 5,500 paying customers, the largest house show they've had. Shoot go back there if you need too, but at least try the places that worked before...

As far as Miami not being in TNA country, that's true, but its certainly closer and a better fit than the Alamo Dome and San Diego which didn't do all that well with ticket sales for major events like this. Hopefully they'll sell well, they certainly need it!
    SBR
    SBR

Post by SBR Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:47 pm

StylesClash wrote:
    SBR wrote:I'm shocked they haven't done anything at the Hammerstein Ballroom, TV, PPV, anything. If it's too small for them there is a 6,000 seat arena on the campus of St. John's they could run. They're really dumb though so. Whatever.

In NY, the ballroom might be too small, just think about this, their HOUSE SHOW in Brooklyn, NY in 2010 got over 5,500 paying customers, the largest house show they've had. Shoot go back there if you need too, but at least try the places that worked before...

As far as Miami not being in TNA country, that's true, but its certainly closer and a better fit than the Alamo Dome and San Diego which didn't do all that well with ticket sales for major events like this. Hopefully they'll sell well, they certainly need it!

Well that house show was at a minor league baseball stadium so they couldn't really run a PPV or TV there...or could they?
    StylesClash
    StylesClash

Post by StylesClash Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:50 pm

Companies have done very successful PPVs before, the only concern is if what a bad weather day (not sure if the park is an open or closed field. But you also have to consider that using the seat of a stadium doesn't allow as many people up close and personal seats, if they move to the arena at St. John's that you mention, you could possibly fill most of it up AND give a better live experience through closer seating...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:07 pm