WrestleConnect.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WrestleConnect.com

+6
SBR
Slayer
TeeBeeKay
CapitalTTruth
Joe5150
StylesClash
10 posters

Richard/Edwards to TNA?

StylesClash
    StylesClash

Richard/Edwards to TNA? Empty Richard/Edwards to TNA?

Post by StylesClash Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:38 pm

TNAWrestlingNews wrote:We noted earlier today here on the website that TNA was in talks with several former ROH Champions. Two of those names are Eddie Edwards and Davey Richards, otherwise known as “The American Wolves.” The two have been in talks with the company for several weeks now after it was revealed that WWE wouldn’t be signing the duo.

There is no word on when the two will be debuting but most expect to see them appear on iMPACT! within the next month or so. They have also cancelled some upcoming independent dates which is a further sign that the two are likely headed to TNA. It could happen as early as this Thursday night’s TV tapings but that remains to be seen.

We’ll keep you posted as we hear more.

This would be wonderful as TNA really needs to rebuild the tag team division with established tag teams...

The BroMans, Bad Influence, EC3 & Partner (briefcase), Young & Abyss/Parks, and best of all The American Wolves...Now only if they could bring back The Young Bucks, and start bringing in more tag teams, at least that would be one division being built back up...
    Joe5150
    Joe5150

Richard/Edwards to TNA? Empty Re: Richard/Edwards to TNA?

Post by Joe5150 Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:31 pm

I hope not, they are fucking horrible and insanely over-rated by people on the internet.
    CapitalTTruth
    CapitalTTruth

Post by CapitalTTruth Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:14 pm

J-Double5150 wrote:I hope not, they are fucking horrible and insanely over-rated by people on the internet.

Wait... what?

Don't get me wrong, I think they are a touch overhyped, particularly Davey, but "fucking horrible"?
    TeeBeeKay
    TeeBeeKay

Post by TeeBeeKay Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:24 am

The Wolves are odd since I don't think anyone rates them properly, they seem to be either the greatest thing ever or the worst thing ever depending on who you ask

I think Eddie in particular is really, really good, and as for Davey, I think if you can get the veterans to reign him in a bit and slow him he can be great again, but that's a big if

But this is a good move by TNA
    Slayer
    Slayer

Post by Slayer Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:37 am

J-Double5150 wrote:I hope not, they are fucking horrible and insanely over-rated by people on the internet.

Can't be any worse than TNA's current tag team division, Bad Influence aside.

Seriously though, WWE did themselves a disservice by not signing the American Wolves as they would have been an excellent addition to NXT, and eventually the main roster. They could have further helped to strengthen their greatly improved tag team scene.
    SBR
    SBR

Post by SBR Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:01 pm

I believe that The Wolves are a good team. Edwards has bypassed Richards as the better of the two. When Daniel Bryan left the indies a couple of years ago Richards was considered the best talent left on the scene, lets not forget that. He just needs to be reigned in a little.
    Joe5150
    Joe5150

Post by Joe5150 Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:20 pm

I really just dislike Davey Richards as a person and a wrestler.
    CapitalTTruth
    CapitalTTruth

Post by CapitalTTruth Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:45 am

That makes more sense.
    StylesClash
    StylesClash

Post by StylesClash Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:26 pm

Possible Spoiler???:

Personally, I hope if they do come to TNA, they start as a tag team right away. If not, they'll appear as if TNA is just throwing two people together like they usually do. I'd rather they come off as a tag team from the very beginning and I believe it will ultimately get them a better reaction
    Joe5150
    Joe5150

Post by Joe5150 Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:27 pm

Hint from Dixie:

Richard/Edwards to TNA? BeDo5Z3IYAAxitW
    StylesClash
    StylesClash

Post by StylesClash Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:49 pm

Now that Dixie has posted that, and knowing her history for debuts...I honestly feel less likely about it being them. I think she hears so much excitement over them debuting in TNA, that she could start this out as a swerve before debuting them as she tries to further her heelish character..

TNA Presents The North American Cougars.. Dawson Rodgers and Earnie Eastwood!
    JustSkiff
    JustSkiff

Post by JustSkiff Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:44 pm

Clearly that means it's Dr. EE
    Swarles
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:07 pm

Guys it's a word scramble

Richard/Edwards to TNA? 01
    SBR
    SBR

Post by SBR Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:48 pm

Meltz wrote:Apparently for weeks, TNA was wanting to build up the debut of Eddie Edwards & Davey Richards as a surprise for Thursday's Genesis show on Spike.

So today, on Twitter, Dixie Carter showed a picture of a notepad with a hint on who debuts. On that notepad:

EE

DR

So, there you go.

Shocked Eddie went with Davey. It will be interesting to see how fast they become irrelevant.
    Joe5150
    Joe5150

Post by Joe5150 Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:08 pm

Former Ring of Honor World Champions Davey Richards and Eddie Edwards are have arrived in Huntsville, Alabama - the site of tonight's TNA Impact Wrestling television event. The duo are expected to debut at the Genesis themed shows tonight, as Dixie Carter has been teasing on her Twitter page.

Powell's POV: We repeatedly reminded Dot Net Weekly listeners that Richards and Edwards were free agents even though they worked the NXT television taping in November. We also reported to Dot Net Weekly listeners that TNA continued to court the duo even after they worked the NXT taping and eventually reached an agreement.

Dot Net
    Slayer
    Slayer

Post by Slayer Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:40 am

SBR wrote:
    Meltz wrote:Apparently for weeks, TNA was wanting to build up the debut of Eddie Edwards & Davey Richards as a surprise for Thursday's Genesis show on Spike.

So today, on Twitter, Dixie Carter showed a picture of a notepad with a hint on who debuts. On that notepad:

EE

DR

So, there you go.

Shocked Eddie went with Davey. It will be interesting to see how fast they become irrelevant.

He didn't have much of a choice. WWE didn't want them, for whatever reason, and if TNA wants to throw money at them (even if they really can't afford to spend much right now), he might as well take it.
    Swarles
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:54 am

At this point would you really make more money in TNA then you would as a top level indie performer?
    JustSkiff
    JustSkiff

Post by JustSkiff Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:58 pm

Swarles wrote:At this point would you really make more money in TNA then you would as a top level indie performer?

If nothing else when they do work Indy shows, they can up their fee. Also there's like a 1% chance that WWE told them they needed more work on wrestling on tv, and this might be a way to gain that experience.
    Spudz
    Spudz

Post by Spudz Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:16 pm

TNA signed Davey Richards and Eddie Edwards to one-year contracts, as we first reported in Thursday's Dot Net Weekly audio show. The duo can still work independent shows approved by TNA, but there are restrictions that prevent TNA talent from working iPPV events, appearing on regional television shows, and appearing on DVDs sold in retail stores. Richards and Edwards are expected to work the TNA UK tour and appear on live events beginning in February.

Powell's POV: There is one change from our Thursday report. I was initially under the impression that Richards and Edwards would be allowed to work for any Japanese promotion. However, I have since been told that the duo will likely be limited to working for Keiji Mutoh's Wrestle-1, as TNA has a working agreement with that promotion.
    Xero
    Xero

Post by Xero Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:27 pm

Richard/Edwards to TNA? Eternalsonatax3_002-large

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:07 pm