WrestleConnect.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WrestleConnect.com

+2
Indy
StylesClash
6 posters

Another Big Name Returning? (Possible Spoiler???)

StylesClash
    StylesClash

Another Big Name Returning? (Possible Spoiler???) Empty Another Big Name Returning? (Possible Spoiler???)

Post by StylesClash Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:21 pm

Big Name Returning? Winnipeg Sun, PWInsider:

I'm honestly not a fan of the Wrestlemania 3 months glory returns outside of Taker, and Taker's returns don't even mean as much to me anymore. I'd rather just reward the wrestlers who are committed year round than those who just come back for the paycheck, putting someone over or not. We'll see if he comes back though or not, wouldn't be the first time the rumors have been true despite him denying it, ala every other return he's made...
    Indy
    Indy
    Admin

Another Big Name Returning? (Possible Spoiler???) Empty Re: Another Big Name Returning? (Possible Spoiler???)

Post by Indy Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:38 pm

It does seem as if WWE doesn't trust this next generation to carry a big PPV.

StylesClash
    StylesClash

Another Big Name Returning? (Possible Spoiler???) Empty Re: Another Big Name Returning? (Possible Spoiler???)

Post by StylesClash Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:43 pm

I don't think they do either...I mean take the Brock match for example. You could have Brock feud with some young guy like Roman Reigns or Big E Langston, but instead you go with Big Show?

Look back earlier and they rush Cena back to face Orton as the main feud after completely burying Daniel Bryan...I understand they haven't made it to the Austin/Rock level, but how many wrestlers truly do? And how can you expect anyone too if you main event the same 4-5 people for 85% of the year?
    SBR
    SBR

Post by SBR Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:56 pm

I feel like New Orleans would have been rocking for a Daniel Bryan main event this year.
    CapitalTTruth
    CapitalTTruth

Post by CapitalTTruth Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:43 pm

Yeah, the more i hear the rumors the more disappointed I get. I am actually going to WM this year and I was really hoping they would put the ball in the hands of Bryan and let him tear down the house. There is so much talent on the roster right now and they could put on one amazing show. Now I am just hoping Punk and Dragon get singles matches against guys that can go so they can steal the show. Punk vs HHH still seems likely and I have heard dragon vs just about everyone under the sun.

That said, Jericho is a guy I am never disappointed to see. I hope they give him a solid match this year and give him some time. I am not sure exactly what I would like to see from him given where others seem to be falling. Reigns? I honestly would really love to see him against Cesaro, but it doesn't seem like the E is THAT into pushing him (yet?).
    2kNikk
    2kNikk

Post by 2kNikk Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:46 am

Go back to Toronto!
    SBR
    SBR

Post by SBR Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:20 pm

I mean Jericho put Fandango over at Mania last year. It's not like he comes in and demands to win.
    StylesClash
    StylesClash

Post by StylesClash Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:30 pm

And what did that do for Fandango? Absolutely nothing, a year ago he was one of the top things going, but do to injuries and not getting over (lets face it, the only thing that ever got over was his theme music) he's back to nothing. If he's going to put someone over, at least put someone over that gets a reaction
    SBR
    SBR

Post by SBR Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:43 pm

StylesClash wrote:And what did that do for Fandango? Absolutely nothing, a year ago he was one of the top things going, but do to injuries and not getting over (lets face it, the only thing that ever got over was his theme music) he's back to nothing. If he's going to put someone over, at least put someone over that gets a reaction

Well if you remember Fandango was going to win the IC Title last year at Payback but he got a concussion and for some reason was punished for it. And we all remember how great Curtis Axel's run with the IC Title was because of that.
    Indy
    Indy
    Admin

Post by Indy Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:44 pm

I don't think it was necessarily his theme music that got him over. It was that New Jersey crowd.
    StylesClash
    StylesClash

Post by StylesClash Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:47 pm

I don't think he got punished completely for the concussion, I think he got punished because the hype of the theme died down and then he wasn't getting much of a reaction. The concussion and the longevity of its symptoms certainly didn't help his case though. I mean who would want to push a guy who is getting very little reaction who has a concussion history and is only a few more away from an ended career because of it?
    JustSkiff
    JustSkiff

Post by JustSkiff Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:46 pm

Fandango is feuding with Xavier Woods, how is he not over?

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat May 11, 2024 6:30 am