WrestleConnect.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WrestleConnect.com

+2
SBR
WWF Attitude
6 posters

Ottawa wrestler 'Hannibal' wins $2.3M hepatitis C lawsuit

WWF Attitude
    WWF Attitude

Ottawa wrestler 'Hannibal' wins $2.3M hepatitis C lawsuit Empty Ottawa wrestler 'Hannibal' wins $2.3M hepatitis C lawsuit

Post by WWF Attitude Tue Jun 03, 2014 9:43 pm

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/ottawa-wrestler-hannibal-wins-2-3m-hepatitis-c-lawsuit-1.2663253

Devon (Hannibal) Nicholson, a professional wrestler from Ottawa, should receive $2.3 million in damages and fees from the wrestler known as Abdullah the Butcher, who gave him hepatitis C, a judge ruled Tuesday morning.

Nicholson, who wrestled under the moniker Hannibal, filed a $6.5-million lawsuit against World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) hall-of-famer Lawrence Robert Shreve, known as Abdullah the Butcher in the ring.

Nicholson said he contracted the infectious disease that attacks the liver from Shreve during a wrestling match in Cochrane, Alta., on May 26, 2007.

He said Shreve had a piece of razor blade taped to his finger during the match — a wrestling practice known as "blading."

Nicholson said he was offered a three-year contract with WWE, the largest professional wrestling company in the world, after a 2009 tryout camp. The WWE cancelled his contract less than three weeks later when the company found out Nicholson had hepatitis C.

In January 2014, Nicholson said an experimental treatment cured him of hepatitis C. He now hopes to fulfil his dream of fighting in the WWE.

Court rules in favour of Nicholson

On Tuesday, an Ontario Superior Court judge ruled that Nicholson did contract hepatitis C from Shreve.

After a long legal battle, Nicholson said it's great to finally have the truth on the record.

"Mr. Shreve himself has been saying all along that I'm a liar, that he doesn't have hepatitis C, he didn't cut me, and I believe the judge made it very clear that, yes, he did cut me ... and yes, he does have a history of hepatitis C," Nicholson said.

Shreve has 30 days should he decide to launch an appeal.

Outside the courthouse, Nicholson celebrated the ruling by hoisting his lawyer over his shoulders in a demonstration of the Sacrifice Power
    SBR
    SBR

Ottawa wrestler 'Hannibal' wins $2.3M hepatitis C lawsuit Empty Re: Ottawa wrestler 'Hannibal' wins $2.3M hepatitis C lawsuit

Post by SBR Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:04 am

Save that money bro, I don't ever see you making the WWE.
    Swarles
    Swarles
    Admin

Ottawa wrestler 'Hannibal' wins $2.3M hepatitis C lawsuit Empty Re: Ottawa wrestler 'Hannibal' wins $2.3M hepatitis C lawsuit

Post by Swarles Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:50 am

The 2.3 mil is coming from abdullah though. He's not getting any of that money.
    Vipes
    Vipes

Post by Vipes Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:59 pm

Swarles wrote:The 2.3 mil is coming from abdullah though. He's not getting any of that money.

That was basically my initial reaction when I saw who he had sued. "Abdullah? The guy who still wrestles into his 70's? Oh yeah, he's got millions just laying around."
    dragondragon
    dragondragon

Post by dragondragon Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:01 pm

This guy is fucked. Which is unfortunate, but yeah. There's no 2.3 million anywhere near Abdullah
    WWF Attitude
    WWF Attitude

Post by WWF Attitude Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:04 pm

I'm guessing he'll be paid in the form of free food at Abdullah's house of Ribs
    CapitalTTruth
    CapitalTTruth

Post by CapitalTTruth Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:43 pm

This guy is weird to me. I feel sorry for him, sure. But the way he went on this campaign and framed himself as the next wwe superstar that never was kinda rubbed me the wrong way. Also, all the crap he does with his promotion to blur lines seems over the top to me. I guess maybe that is the point, but it isn't entertaining.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:27 am