WrestleConnect.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WrestleConnect.com

+21
GolfClubNinja
p0etryinm0tion
kingofswing
The PhenomenalBullyOne
Vipes
dragondragon
Grant
WhoBetta
TeeBeeKay
Joe5150
Canucker
Slayer
RFSKannon
Xero
2kNikk
JustSkiff
Spudz
Swarles
CapitalTTruth
WWF Attitude
SBR
25 posters

ROH Thread

SBR
    SBR

ROH Thread Empty Final Battle results

Post by SBR Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:08 am

Dark: Brutal Burgers (Bob Evans and Cheeseburger) beat an unknown team. The babyfaces got the win when Cheeseburger hit a stunner while being carried piggyback by Evans.

1. Matt Hardy beat Adam Page with the Twist of Fate.

2. Silas Young beat Mark Briscoe in a strap match.

3. The Young Bucks beat Adrenaline Rush with More Bang for your Buck. Early favorite for match of the night, great action.

4. Kevin Steen beat Michael Bennett (w/ Maria Kanellis) by referee stoppage after three package piledrivers, the third on top of open chairs. The stretcher gimmick was thrown out about 5 minutes into the match. Post-match, Maria slapped Steen and took a package piledriver of her own.

Intermish. They announced a return date to the Hammerstein for May 17.

5. ReDragon (Bobby Fish and Kyle O'Reilly) beat Outlaw Inc. (Homicide and Eddie Kingston) to retain the ROH Tag Titles with a chairshot/brainbuster combo. Crowd turned on Outlaw Inc, and really this match as a whole. A friend who traveled from Canada called this the worst match he's seen in the eight Final Battles he's attended. Post-match, Outlaw Inc. turned heel and threw garbage cans into the ring. This whole thing was lame.

6. Tommaso Ciampa beat Matt Taven (w/ Truth Martini, Kasey Ray, and Scarlett) to win the ROV TV Title by submission. Quick match but really well done.

7. Eddie Edwards and BJ Whitmer beat Roderick Strong and Jay Lethal when Edwards used an O'Connor roll. Post-match, Edwards gave his send off speech. Then, Roderick Strong and BJ Whitmer joined forces and turned on Edwards. Jimmy Jacobs ran in and hit Edwards with a spike, before taking the mic and forming an apparent heel alliance with Strong and Whitmer.

8. Adam Cole beat Michael Elgin and Jay Briscoe to retain the ROH World Title. Cole scored the win with a rollup on Elgin after Matt Hardy ran in to help Cole.

After the match, Cole and Hardy had laid everyone out and were standing tall when Chris Hero's music hit. The crowd exploded. He entered the ring through the crowd and knocked out Hardy and Cole. He then took a mic, said it wouldn't be Final Battle without Chris MF'n Hero, he announced he was back, and he challenged Adam Cole for down the road. Red hot close to a pretty solid show.

Seems like a decent show, two new heel factions though seems weird. Glad Whitmer is back and ready to wrestle.
    WWF Attitude
    WWF Attitude

ROH Thread Empty Re: ROH Thread

Post by WWF Attitude Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:27 am

sound like a good show, would have been nice to see it.

Hero vs. Cole should be great and hopefully Hero get an ROH title reign out of it.
    CapitalTTruth
    CapitalTTruth

Post by CapitalTTruth Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:46 pm

Sounds solid.

I am glad to see Hero back in ROH, an obvious eventuality.

I am happy to see ROH putting together some solid angles. I was getting pretty worried about the company, and still am. However, They are putting it together again. It is all very safe, but fun.
    Swarles
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:08 pm

why is ROH so high on Matt Hardy?
    Spudz
    Spudz

Post by Spudz Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:57 pm

Sounds decent.. Hero being a top face, should freshing things a little for a bit..

Here some post show notes from pwinsider.

The VOD replay of Final Battle is scheduled to be up sometime Monday

Several TV openings were shot during Final Battle for the ROH TV series.

Former WWE Creative Team member and MLW owner Court Bauer was at tonight's Ring of Honor event as he will be working with the company going forward on some marketing and branding. ROH head Joe Koff brought Bauer on board. Bauer was backstage and watched part of the show from the crowd.

Chris Hero returned to the company at the close of Final Battle, laying out ROH champion Adam Cole and Matt Hardy. Hero will be a big part of the company going forward in 2014. Hero rushed to the venue from Combat Zone Wrestling's Cage of Death. The main event at Final Battle went long as they were waiting for Hero to arrive, which is why the main event went over 30 minutes. The main was awesome, by the way.

The next event at the Hammerstein Ballroom won't be until Saturday 5/14.

Visiting at the show were Rhett Titus, Julius Smokes, Matt Hardy's wife, Reby Sky, WWE author Keith Elliot Greenberg and the entire Brisco clan. Now that Outlaws, Inc. have turned, Smokes would be AWESOME as their mouthpiece.

Homicide and Eddie Kingston went into the crowd after their match because a fan hit Kingston.

Matt Hardy and Adam Cole are now together in ROH storylines.

Jimmy Jacobs, Roderick Strong and BJ Whitmer are now together as a unit called the Decade, playing off the idea that they have been the constant in the company while others have used ROH as a stepping stone. Obviously, Whitmer's neck injury is not as serious as the company first publicly disclosed.

Larry Legend, who has done a ton of ring announcing on the indy scene and in the MMA world, is now working for the company in the merchandise end as well as handling some voiceovers for the TV show.
    Spudz
    Spudz

Post by Spudz Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:57 pm

Ring of Honor originally planned to have Chris Hero be the mystery partner for Eddie Edwards in a match against Roderick Strong and Jay Lethal at Final Battle. However, Hero was late arriving due to working for Combat Zone Wrestling the same night. An audible was called with B.J. Whitmer teaming with Edwards, and having Hero appear at the end of the night.

Powell's POV: The feeling of multiple sources is that the audible of having Hero appear at the end of the show worked out better than the original plan because it ended the show on a high note. For that matter, it was far less predictable, as it seemed everyone had Hero pegged to be the mystery partner of Edwards.
    SBR
    SBR

Post by SBR Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:35 pm

I definitely think Hero as the top babyface and Whitmer forming the Decade or whatever works out better in the long haul.
    JustSkiff
    JustSkiff

Post by JustSkiff Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:28 am

I like how that post doesn't mention that Cage of Death's start time was pushed back an hour the day of the show. (I believe it was reported to having an overflow of fans and all weren't even in the building at the scheduled bell time)
    2kNikk
    2kNikk

Post by 2kNikk Wed Dec 18, 2013 5:57 pm

Swarles wrote:why is ROH so high?

Fixed
    Swarles
    Swarles
    Admin

ROH Thread Empty AJ Styles working for ROH IN THE ASYLUM

Post by Swarles Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:11 pm

ROH Thread 010413_AJStyles_Returns8db8aa

"The Phenomenal One" is back! A true Ring of Honor pioneer and one of the greatest wrestlers in the sport today, AJ STYLES, has been signed to compete once again in an ROH ring on January 4th, 2014 in Nashville, Tennessee!

AJ Styles helped put ROH on the map in its early years by displaying his own unique blend of high-flying wrestling and hard hitting strikes. Styles has gone on to be recognized as one of the best wrestlers of our time and recently became the most sought-after free agent in pro wrestling.

After finalizing the deal within the last couple hours we can now officially confirm that the long awaited return of AJ Styles to ROH will kick off 2014 in only 1 week at the Nashville Fairgrounds!

AJ Styles will face "Mr. ROH" Roderick Strong in Nashville in a huge match that will air on ROH TV the weekend of February 1st! It has been 8 years since Styles competed in ROH while Strong has been one of the most consistent competitors in ROH for the last 10 years. We are excited to welcome AJ back but not too sure that Strong will feel the same way.

"I'm excited to return to ROH and the Nashville Fairgrounds. Lots of history made that I was made that I was part of in both. Expect more on January 4. Hope Nashville fans fill that asylum," said AJ

In addition to the return of AJ Styles, January 4th marks the return to ROH action of Chris Hero who battles "Mr. Wrestling" Kevin Steen! Plus Wrestling Legend "Rowdy" Roddy Piper will be on hand for a very RARE Meet & Greet Autograph Signing!

ROH is starting 2014 off with bang and we are not slowing down! Don't ever pass up the opportunity to experience ROH live! See why we are the best pro wrestling on the planet with the greatest fans in the world.

Tickets to the biggest television taping in ROH history are available HERE!
    HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Since this is going on TV does it mean this might be more than a 1 off?
    JustSkiff
    JustSkiff

Post by JustSkiff Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:04 pm

They would probably like it to be more than a 1 time thing, but I don't think that's the case.
    Xero
    Xero

Post by Xero Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:19 am

AJ Styles moves to Japan and I will follow
    Swarles
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:38 am

JustSkiff wrote:They would probably like it to be more than a 1 time thing, but I don't think that's the case.

I mean if he's done with TNA for reals i don't see why he wouldn't be atleast a semi regular.
    SBR
    SBR

Post by SBR Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:54 am

There were reports in this weeks Observer that he might be at the live TNA show in Huntsville. Who really know what Styles is doing and who he may or may not be contracted to.
    Spudz
    Spudz

Post by Spudz Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:48 pm

Yeah, who really knows what actually going on at this point.. It went Bill Behrens (Aj's Agent) telling promoters that AJ and TNA were closing in on deal so book him while you can a few days back to yesterday this date being announced and Pwinsider saying the latest word on negotiations between AJ Styles and TNA is that they have fallen apart and the chances are slim that he will be returning to the company any time soon.
    Swarles
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles Sun Dec 29, 2013 1:27 pm

I mean maybe he's using this for leverage against TNA, but the fact that this is going on TV leads me to believe he's not associated with TNA in anyway right now.
    WWF Attitude
    WWF Attitude

Post by WWF Attitude Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:21 pm

Wish he was working someone besides Strong. It'll be a good match, but not one we haven't seen before.

Still nice to see AJ back in ROH and the Asylum in one night
    RFSKannon
    RFSKannon

Post by RFSKannon Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:07 pm

***From PWInsider***

By Mike Johnson on 2013-12-30 12:16:09

For those who have asked, the 1/4/14 AJ Styles return at the Nashville Fairgrounds TV Taping is not Styles' only date with Ring of Honor. He won't be signing with the company but is slated for additional dates in 2014. They will be announced in due time. Styles' reps literally reached out to ROH late Friday/early Saturday to lock the deal for his return in place. In my interview with Styles last week in the Elite section, he noted that a return to ROH was on the table and noted that at one point, he almost left TNA for ROH when TNA forced him to choose one or the other and it was a hard decision not to remain with ROH at the time, but TNA was offering more dates per year.

With the addition of Styles and Chris Hero to the regulars on the ROH roster, that's a pretty nice piece of momentum the company has picked up in the last few weeks.

Looks like AJ is going to make multiple appearances for ROH after all. If and I do mean IF TNA is working a angle here with AJ, they need to be careful of two things. One the audience losing interest by having Styles gone for too long a period and Two, TNA getting Pillman'd by Styles finding a better deal and signing elsewhere (Like Pillman did to Bischoff/WCW during the Loose Cannon angle).
    CapitalTTruth
    CapitalTTruth

Post by CapitalTTruth Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:17 pm

I am for it. I was pretty down on ROH but Hero and Styles could shake things up a bit. There is still talent there. Styles in ROH > Styles in TNA for fans...IMO
    JustSkiff
    JustSkiff

Post by JustSkiff Mon Dec 30, 2013 2:20 pm

It sounds like he's getting the London deal.
    Xero
    Xero

Post by Xero Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:18 pm

omg guys it's 2006 all over again.
    Swarles
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:37 pm

2006 was a great year for indies. I am down.
    Slayer
    Slayer

Post by Slayer Mon Dec 30, 2013 8:57 pm

If AJ really ends up with ROH for the long run, then it looks like I'm going to make it a point to watch ROH on a regular basis.

I was disappointed about Chris Hero's WWE release, so him resurfacing in ROH will also make their shows more appealing for me.
    SBR
    SBR

Post by SBR Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:06 pm

Hero and Styles could really help ROH.
    JustSkiff
    JustSkiff

Post by JustSkiff Mon Dec 30, 2013 11:09 pm

ROH actually had a lot of good shows this year.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content