WrestleConnect.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WrestleConnect.com

+12
Slayer
Indy
PhenominalXX1
Grant
JustSkiff
The PhenomenalBullyOne
WhoBetta
Stroke
dragondragon
SBR
Swarles
Spudz
16 posters

Everyone gets a turn before the ship sinks?

Spudz
    Spudz

Everyone gets a turn before the ship sinks? Empty Everyone gets a turn before the ship sinks?

Post by Spudz Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:29 pm

Eric Young is your new TNA World Champion...
    Swarles
    Swarles
    Admin

Everyone gets a turn before the ship sinks? Empty Re: Everyone gets a turn before the ship sinks?

Post by Swarles Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:33 pm

wait.....

what?
    Spudz
    Spudz

Everyone gets a turn before the ship sinks? Empty Re: Everyone gets a turn before the ship sinks?

Post by Spudz Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:38 pm

SBR
    SBR

Post by SBR Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:40 pm

I had to make sure you weren't shitting me but it seems to have actually happened.

With that said Magnus was the worst champion they'd probably ever had. Young couldn't be much worse.
    Swarles
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:41 pm

I like Eric Young, and he has worked hard for a long time.

With that said, what the fuck TNA?
    dragondragon
    dragondragon

Post by dragondragon Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:44 pm

They didn't put Magnus over at all (not properly at least)

Seriously though, Eric young? I know he's busted his ass forever but Christ why
    SBR
    SBR

Post by SBR Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:48 pm

I like Eric too, but are they really going to ask people to pay $40 to watch Young/Magnus on PPV??!?!
    dragondragon
    dragondragon

Post by dragondragon Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:55 pm

SBR wrote:I like Eric too, but are they really going to ask people to pay $40 to watch Young/Magnus on PPV??!?!

Uh, young/joe or that, yeah. FUN
    Spudz
    Spudz

Post by Spudz Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:13 am

Guys, to be honest TNA been booking him awesome.. He went over several big names stars since the start of the year, better than that other national tv company booked their new champion  Wink 

From last to first his last 10 tv/ppv matches before winning the title..
    He won a 10-man gauntlet match to open Impact to get his shot..
    Samoa Joe defeats Eric Young (5:00)
    Magnus (c) defeats Abyss and Eric Young and Samoa Joe
    Ethan Carter III & Kazarian defeat Curry Man & Eric Young
    Eric Young vs. Samuel Shaw - No Contest
    The BroMans vs. Abyss & Eric Young - No Contest
    Monster's Ball: Abyss defeats Eric Young
    Eric Young, Gunner, James Storm, Joseph Park, ODB & Samoa Joe defeat Bad Influence, The BroMans , Lei'D Tapa & Zema Ion
    dragondragon
    dragondragon

Post by dragondragon Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:16 am

Spudz wrote:Guys, to be honest TNA been booking him awesome.. He went over several big names stars since the start of the year, better than that other national tv company booked their new champion  Wink 

The BroMans vs. Abyss & Eric Young - No Contest (5:02)
    Eric Young, Gunner, James Storm, Joseph Park, ODB & Samoa Joe defeat Bad Influence, The BroMans , Lei'D Tapa & Zema Ion (7:32)

Two No contests and no singles wins are awesome? And sure, I'll buy that, but even then, where's the build?
    Stroke
    Stroke

Post by Stroke Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:18 am

The company is in bad shape and my interest in it is at an all-time low, but I do think it's pretty cool they put the belt on EY. Guy damn sure deserves an opportunity to see what he can do with it.
    Spudz
    Spudz

Post by Spudz Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:26 am

dragondragon wrote:
    Spudz wrote:Guys, to be honest TNA been booking him awesome.. He went over several big names stars since the start of the year, better than that other national tv company booked their new champion  Wink 

The BroMans vs. Abyss & Eric Young - No Contest (5:02)
    Eric Young, Gunner, James Storm, Joseph Park, ODB & Samoa Joe defeat Bad Influence, The BroMans , Lei'D Tapa & Zema Ion (7:32)

Two No contests and no singles wins are awesome? And sure, I'll buy that, but even then, where's the build?

I winked
    WhoBetta
    WhoBetta

Post by WhoBetta Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:01 am

And most people react... "Who beat who for what?"

TNA has a writing position open and I was considering applying for it... Having to nod and smile to ideas like this one I just couldn't do. So much for finishing that application. Smile
    The PhenomenalBullyOne

Post by The PhenomenalBullyOne Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:14 am

I want them to bring back Don't Fire Eric. Glad he finally got the one title he never held. I believe he held them all now expect the Knockouts singles title
    JustSkiff
    JustSkiff

Post by JustSkiff Fri Apr 11, 2014 1:39 am

Does this mean Abyss is world champion in real life?
    Grant
    Grant

Post by Grant Fri Apr 11, 2014 2:04 am

Oh TNA... just pass that title around to everyone you can. I mean, everyone knows Eric busts his ass. But you've made him look like a complete chump for how long and then suddenly throw the title on him? Your booking TNA, it's broke as fuck.
    PhenominalXX1
    PhenominalXX1

Post by PhenominalXX1 Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:41 pm

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

can't wait for TNA to go under.
    Indy
    Indy
    Admin

Post by Indy Fri Apr 11, 2014 4:43 pm

JustSkiff wrote:Does this mean Abyss is world champion in real life?

Everyone gets a turn before the ship sinks? 4278844+_e313e1b06417fa496a71746c84dda5e6
    Slayer
    Slayer

Post by Slayer Fri Apr 11, 2014 5:51 pm

Any other time and this may have been somewhat acceptable. However, doing this the same week that Daniel Bryan pulled double duty to win the WWE World Heavyweight Title at WrestleMania is blatantly a ripoff of that same angle.

Plus, Young has come across a complete chump. They tried to put him over in a recent match with Samoa Joe on commentary but it was essentially Joe squashing him in less than 5 minutes.

And as much as I hate to say this, not everybody is fit to be the World Champion. Yes, Eric Young has been a workhorse for the company for many years. He is popular with the TNA fanbase, but not to the extent of Daniel Bryan (who they are clearly positioning him as being in this angle).

The only time that EY has ever come off as having main event potential was as the leader of World Elite. In his current state, he is basically TNA's version of Santino Marella.
    Indy
    Indy
    Admin

Post by Indy Sat Apr 12, 2014 3:17 am

I can honestly say I don't watch TNA enough to have a judgment. I do know the last time I seen EY he was ripped.

But I don't watch the product so I'm not even gonna waste my time calling it dumb. I've seen mixed reviews. Hope they know where to go from here.

I've heard murmurs about TNA wrestlers scared of SpikeTV not renewing their deal. Between that news and this... I think about ECW. Hopefully this isn't the equivalent of Rhino winning the ECW title.
    Joe5150
    Joe5150

Post by Joe5150 Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:56 pm

I know people have been bashing TNA for giving EY the belt. However, thinking about it, it makes sense to give him a push. Eric has 3 of his own TV shows. 1 hit show already airing and another about to start on Animal planet, plus a 3rd show about to start on Discovery. Animal Planet treats him like their top star.

No other wrestler has 3 of their own shows. I bet EY makes enough money to not have to wrestle anymore, but he seems to stay loyal to TNA and continue wrestling. I mean, giving him a main event push/'thank you' title reign is at least they could do for him.
    WWF Attitude
    WWF Attitude

Post by WWF Attitude Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:37 pm

I've never watched any of his TV shows, and I'm not 100% sure of his crossover value.

But I'm going to take a shot in the dark and say Eric Young star of "Off the Hook: Extreme Catches" will not increase the ticket or PPV sales for TNA. I don't even know if he'll even keep the numbers stable.

He's a good wrestler, but he's not even a B+ player.
    Joe5150
    Joe5150

Post by Joe5150 Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:49 pm

Well, Eric's show is one of, if not the highest rated shows on Animal Planet. That's why he got 2 more shows that's filming now, AP/Discovery Networks is treating him like gold because he is bringing them ratings.

Honestly, Eric's show is actually really fun to watch. I don't like fishing shows, but Eric's charisma and the way he goofs off/approaches the show, it really is a good watch. That's why they have him on the Today Show and other shows doing promotion for the shows & channel.

Also, Eric promotes TNA at the same more than Hogan ever did.
    Spudz
    Spudz

Post by Spudz Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:54 pm

J-Double5150 wrote:I know people have been bashing TNA for giving EY the belt. However, thinking about it, it makes sense to give him a push. Eric has 3 of his own TV shows. 1 hit show already airing and another about to start on Animal planet, plus a 3rd show about to start on Discovery. Animal Planet treats him like their top star.

No other wrestler has 3 of their own shows. I bet EY makes enough money to not have to wrestle anymore, but he seems to stay loyal to TNA and continue wrestling. I mean, giving him a main event push/'thank you' title reign is at least they could do for him.

I think most people won't argue that the guy deserve some kind of a good push.. it more of the fact that he hasn't done much in the single divison in months, actually a few years for it to make sense to put the title on him.

Think about it...He been with Animal Planet for 2 years now, They should have been pushing him better a long time ago.. not comic relief, so more people would find it believeable that he would be world champion.
    dragondragon
    dragondragon

Post by dragondragon Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:14 am

J-Double5150 wrote:Well, Eric's show is one of, if not the highest rated shows on Animal Planet. That's why he got 2 more shows that's filming now, AP/Discovery Networks is treating him like gold because he is bringing them ratings.

Honestly, Eric's show is actually really fun to watch. I don't like fishing shows, but Eric's charisma and the way he goofs off/approaches the show, it really is a good watch. That's why they have him on the Today Show and other shows doing promotion for the shows & channel.

Also, Eric promotes TNA at the same more than Hogan ever did.

Uh, don't like 5 people watch animal planet? I just can't see value in x promoting him as mega star of obscure shows and tna WHC.

Can he drop the belt to a giant salmon? That'd be a great main event for sacrifice, ey v salmon going broadway

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:14 pm