WrestleConnect.com

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
WrestleConnect.com

+21
GenericMartini
2kNikk
dragondragon
Vipes
Grant
JustSkiff
phoynexz
Spudz
Xero
danhere
Indy
PhenominalXX1
RefChrist
Slayer
WhoBetta
CapitalTTruth
TeeBeeKay
Swarles
WWF Attitude
SBR
StylesClash
25 posters

Sting Negotiating w/ WWE; Hogan Signed?

Swarles
    Swarles
    Admin

Sting Negotiating w/ WWE; Hogan Signed? - Page 3 Empty Re: Sting Negotiating w/ WWE; Hogan Signed?

Post by Swarles Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:02 pm

Slayer wrote:If WrestleMania XXX was indeed Undertaker's last match like many are speculating, then I have no idea who would be a good fit for Sting to work with. That's the only program that really makes any sense for him in the WWE, since Taker is one of the only few wrestlers left from the same era that fans wanted to see matchup.

WWE is clearly smart enough to not utilize Sting as a full-time wrestler. TNA made a huge mistake in overexposing him, thus making his diminishing his starpower as an attraction. While he is far past his prime, he definitely does need to have one or a few matches in this run, otherwise he just comes across as some random old guy to WWE fans that have never seen him before.

And it would be an absolute shame if Sting's final matches were those god-awful, overbooked messes he had with Magnus and EC3 in TNA.
    Don't worry I'm sure any of the other once a year guys would be cool working sting. HHH, Rock, maybe even HBK comes out of retirement for a "dream" match.
    SBR
    SBR

Sting Negotiating w/ WWE; Hogan Signed? - Page 3 Empty Re: Sting Negotiating w/ WWE; Hogan Signed?

Post by SBR Fri Apr 11, 2014 6:07 pm

Hogan vs Sting
    TeeBeeKay
    TeeBeeKay

Post by TeeBeeKay Fri Apr 11, 2014 8:12 pm

Sting v Shawne Merriman
    Vipes
    Vipes

Post by Vipes Fri Apr 11, 2014 9:03 pm

Sting Vs. Kane
    dragondragon
    dragondragon

Post by dragondragon Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:08 am

Sting vs Fandango
    2kNikk
    2kNikk

Post by 2kNikk Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:40 pm

JustSkiff wrote:Sting can renew his feud with Christian Cage.

Will Cage bring in Steiner?
    dragondragon
    dragondragon

Post by dragondragon Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:46 pm

2kNikk wrote:
    JustSkiff wrote:Sting can renew his feud with Christian Cage.

Will Cage bring in Steiner?

Tomko
    Spudz
    Spudz

Post by Spudz Sat Apr 12, 2014 6:23 pm

SATURDAY'S NEWS UPDATE

--An update on a story in the current Observer. On the Sting/WWE deal, WWE sent Sting his contract several days ago, but as of yesterday, he had not returned it. The belief is they were on terms and an agreement is in place, but as of yesterday, pen to paper on Sting's side hadn't been returned. There is no indication of any serious hold-up at least from the WWE side. Those in the company even before WrestleMania were working with the impression he was on board.
    Xero
    Xero

Post by Xero Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:38 pm

That potential Undertaker/Sting match lost a lot of steam this past Wrestlemania.  Maybe he's a little hesitant at this point.
    GenericMartini
    GenericMartini

Post by GenericMartini Sat Apr 12, 2014 8:31 pm

I think if anything the Sting/Taker match benefits from his loss. Puts a lot less pressure on Sting to show up and put on a decent match.
    CapitalTTruth
    CapitalTTruth

Post by CapitalTTruth Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:12 pm

I really don't want them to do Sting vs Taker. Unless Taker's health somehow improves before next year, I just don't see it as being worth it. To me, the myth behind the match is more satisfying than them going out and putting on a shitty match. I think Taker should just walk away. If sting has matches in the E he really needs to be in there with guys that can carry most of the match. HHH and the Rock are two obvious possibilities. Kane isn't a bad choice. Hell, I'd even be for Brock vs Sting.
    Xero
    Xero

Post by Xero Sat Apr 12, 2014 9:45 pm

GenericMartini wrote:I think if anything the Sting/Taker match benefits from his loss. Puts a lot less pressure on Sting to show up and put on a decent match.

Assuming Undertaker isn't retired.  

Still, I'm mainly just playing devil's advocate here.
    The PhenomenalBullyOne

Post by The PhenomenalBullyOne Sun Apr 13, 2014 5:57 am

I don't think Sting is going to do it now. He might go somewhere else i think or just retire either way. He could pop up in ROH for one night and end RD Evans streak?
    RefChrist
    RefChrist

Post by RefChrist Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:45 pm

#JOINTHEFORCE
    dragondragon
    dragondragon

Post by dragondragon Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:50 pm

RefChrist wrote:#JOINTHEFORCE

No, god no. That'd be tragicomic however.
    RefChrist
    RefChrist

Post by RefChrist Mon Apr 14, 2014 3:46 pm

Perfect senerio: Undertaker retires, Voids his WWE contract. Sting avoids a WWE contract. Sting Versus Undertaker on the first ever Global Force Wrestling show, That would put buts in the seats and piss Vince off to no end, Thus the world is a just place.
    Spudz
    Spudz

Post by Spudz Mon Apr 14, 2014 6:19 pm

RefChrist wrote:Perfect senerio: Undertaker retires, Voids his WWE contract. Sting avoids a WWE contract. Sting Versus Undertaker on the first ever Global Force Wrestling show, That would put buts in the seats and piss Vince off to no end, Thus the world is a just place.

1. Undertaker would never wrestle outside of WWE and wouldn't be able to use the Undertaker character if he did.. Fans wouldn't want see Sting vs. Mark Calaway

2. GFW would better off signing several of the best indy talent then to use Sting in any role..

3. no matter if Sting wrestles a match or not he would probably make the most money signing that WWE deal...The money he would get just for merchandise alone I imagine would be a decent amount...

As a long time fan of Sting ..I think he deserves as much money he can get in his bank account, to be in front of a real crowd again atleast once chanting for him.. I can't wait to mark out big time when/if he shows on WWE.
    phoynexz

Post by phoynexz Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:55 pm

Then again, this might not be a contract to wrestle. Legends contract? Possibly just securing a deal now to put him in the hall next year.
    RefChrist
    RefChrist

Post by RefChrist Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:45 am

See Spudz, I think he deserves to go into retirement as the one major star in this business who never signed with the WWE. And now that Taker has lost and all of the prestige and fluff is gone, he may be having second thoughts again. Its bad enough they can sell the footage of him in wcw but he may just maybe that one final hold out... I hope.
    CapitalTTruth
    CapitalTTruth

Post by CapitalTTruth Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:54 am

RefChrist's hatred of WWE leads to some of the most outlandish fantasy booking I have ever seen. It is stunning. Sting vs Taker on GFW?!?!?! Jeff Jarrett isn't even that bold!

In all seriousness, I get your desire to see Sting as the one holdout. But I prefer to look at this for what it does for Sting, not what it does for the fans. The WWE is a way for sting to get more money, more royalty checks in the future, and that white hot moment in the sun that he deserves. It is a chance to have real crowds cheer for him once again. With luck, it is the chance to have 60,000+ chant "Thank You Sting" next year at wrestlemania. I don't hold the visceral hatred for the E that you do, but you have to admit that Sting deserves nice things and signing with the WWE is the best way to give Sting the glory and the money he deserves.
    JustSkiff
    JustSkiff

Post by JustSkiff Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:27 pm

RefChrist wrote:Perfect senerio: Undertaker retires, Voids his WWE contract. Sting avoids a WWE contract. Sting Versus Undertaker on the first ever Global Force Wrestling show, That would put buts in the seats and piss Vince off to no end, Thus the world is a just place.

Oh man GWF really is turning into an EWR save.
    RefChrist
    RefChrist

Post by RefChrist Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:56 pm

CapitalTTruth wrote:RefChrist's hatred of WWE leads to some of the most outlandish fantasy booking I have ever seen. It is stunning.  Sting vs Taker on GFW?!?!?! Jeff Jarrett isn't even that bold!

In all seriousness, I get your desire to see Sting as the one holdout. But I prefer to look at this for what it does for Sting, not what it does for the fans. The WWE is a way for sting to get more money, more royalty checks in the future, and that white hot moment in the sun that he deserves. It is a chance to have real crowds cheer for him once again. With luck, it is the chance to have 60,000+ chant "Thank You Sting" next year at wrestlemania. I don't hold the visceral hatred for the E that you do, but you have to admit that Sting deserves nice things and signing with the WWE is the best way to give Sting the glory and the money he deserves.

Honestly, I cannot disagree with you on all of those points. That is probably how most fans see it, it is definitely how Vince sees it and how he has been trying to sell it too Sting. Hell It is probably how Sting even sees it. I just don't agree with the philosophy. It is probably the last match or matches of his career, I'm sure he's financially stable and it would be sad if he finally did this just for the money. Its like selling your soul the day before you die. I see it as one last chance to say "Fuck you Vince, You have never and will never own me".
    Swarles
    Swarles
    Admin

Post by Swarles Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:59 pm

If there is one thing on earth me and christ can agree about, it's that we really don't want to see Sting in WWE. Granted our reasons are probably a lot different.
    Spudz
    Spudz

Post by Spudz Tue Apr 15, 2014 11:19 pm

Look who was on the WWE network's Warrior special

WWF Attitude
    WWF Attitude

Post by WWF Attitude Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:01 am

Oh the tears of RefChrist sustain me

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:00 pm